what sequences the FM synth ?

ladybug

(for some it may seem as a stupid question)

what sequences the FM synth ?

i m about to build it but only the first stage = only core and opl3 (i've never soldered smd, if it'll work i will continue...)

meaning i'll use Jsynth to manipulate it.

but i dont understand what send it the 'note on'

stupid questions don't exist ;)

you need a keyboard or a sequencer! The MBSID and MBFM are "just" synthesizers, so they have to be played by something else.

If you dont have a hardware midi-sequencer or -keyboard, just get a software sequencer, for instance fruityloops.

Set the midi channels right and sequence!!@!@

good luck, marcel

;D ;D

that was my answe to myself !

i DO have a keyboard and DO have hardware midi-sequencer i can use (Korg ES1)... hooray for me.

but.. working with Jsynth as the control panel how do i connect my seq. (hardware or sofware) as well ?

will i need some kind of 'merger' ? can MidiOx do this ?

i will have to open a virtual midi-in to input the Jsynth and another midi-in for the seq. and then output them as one !

If you have a decent MIDI interface, it will be a mutliclient port driver.

This means that more than one app can use the port at the same time.... So you can use a software seq, and jsynth, at the same time, using the same MIDI In and MIDI out....

If you don't have a multiclient driver, then you can use a virtual MIDI port for your PC. There's a good one for 2k/XP at www.nerds.be , which uses WDM interfaces, or there are other's, like Hubi's MIDI LoopBack Device, which supports multiple ports, but uses older technology and is less reliable at times. The details on how to make that software work in place of a multiclient driver are specific to the software you choose.... Check out the webpages, but let me know if you need any other help after that.

If you want to use a hardware seq, just set it to Local On, or whatever it calls the feature where MIDI Input to the seq is passed through to the MIDI Out on the synth. Then cable PC(Jsynth) out->in Seq out -> in MBFM, and all the jysnth messages will get passed onto the the MIDIBox through the seq.

Hope this helps