Motorfader and other parts Bulkorder 2005

Screaming_Rabbit

Hello

O.k. it's time to officially start the bulkorder. You can find all the data (inkl. for switches and push on knops, which I order for me anyway) on this website: http://home.tiscali.ch/screamingrabbit/Pages/UCAppsBulk_Order/BULK_Start.htm

The prices are in Euros (€) and Swiss Francs (CHF) without freight costs (the MEC prices are without the TAX of 7.6%). I can't make a statement about freight but you can be shure, that I will choose the cheapest way. And don't worry, there is no profit and no extra charge from my side.

- For Germany, I will drive there and send the goods out from there.

- For USA I will send everything to SmashTV and he will distribute it for the American continent. - THX Tim!

I will update the Website from time to time (I think about twice a week) with the orders taken from this thread.

Please, please, please... no orders by E-Mail. I will only accept orders as "replies" to this posting!!!

Greets, Roger

PS 1:

Thorsten modified the control of the motorfaders in MIOS so it will work with the K-Type faders from ALPS. I think it will be included in the next release. - THX Thorsten!  But there are some restrictions... please refer to this post: http://69.56.171.55/~midibox/forum/index.php?topic=4244.0

If somebody from Germany has time to translate the important information... would be cool  :-*

SKUNK is working on an other way to drive the faders (with individual processor and FET per fader).

PS 2:

If the bulk order takes enough time, there perhaps will be an addition. I found a supplier for PCD8544 LC Displays (about $2.50) in China. I will send samples to Thorsten to test them. If they're o.k., there will be 500pcs I could order  :D

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello roger,

great, that you do that !!!  :-* really helpfull (probably not only) for me.

but i just started thinking about what to build next. i do not know now, what i need and thought of still take some days (or perhaps better weeks) for planning...

so my most important question now is: what will be the last point of time to order ?

thanks and greetings

c.chaos

a month and a half would be cool!

explaining in german:

Da ich innerhalb des nächsten Monats Abiturklausuren habe, kann ich mit der Midibox erst Mitte Mai beginnen!

Btw:

With this thread I'm going to start my midibox-career, im looking forward to be part of this nice community!

Greetings,

Marc

Hi,

just a short comment about the fader versions. Since Thorsten found a compromise control version even for the V coreless versions of the ALPS K faders, and since I started to design an opimized and revised interface with a local uC per Fader, there is no money lost if somebody wants to focus on the coreless V faders now. You can start with the current version and change the MF later on when it will be available. But this can take a while. I have no idea at the moment if it will be done in just three months or if it will take longer. I have only less spare time and a few projects in parallel, so we will see. I'll keep you updated.

Roger, we should talk in the next few days how we arrange this bulk order in the best (and tax) optimized  ;D way. We have already 32 V faders for you and 32 for me, so it's already more than the MOQ of 50 just with the two of us. ALBS has more than enough V faders on stock.

Btw: following the results of my "fader implementation evaluation" of some mixing consoles on the Frankfurt Musikmesse:

Studer Vista8: catastrophic! In recalled presets, coupled faders don't move accurate after some manual movements of the master fader. And they are very noisy. Some of them even lost the track and stopped moving completely. I don't know how they can sell such a high level console for a lot of money with such low quality fader implementation. Or I got a "monday model" in my fingers...  >:( Studer is using the ALPS K V faders -- as far as I know.

LAWO mc²66:  excellent implementation of the coreless V faders. Very smooth, accurate and precise even after many fast movements of the master fader. And: silent!  Best I've seen on the exhibition. Presets of even 48 tracks are settled in max. half a second.  If somebody wants to spend money in a new broadcasting or recording mixing console, then he should really have a look on this machine.

Mackie: well, it was difficult ref the noise of a moving fader since the noise level on the booth was very high. Accuracy: medium. For small movements, the slave faders in a preset lost ticks against the master fader. Btw: there are still different statements regarding the faders in the Mackie Control. P&G says it's licence build from far east, and Mackie says it's P&G, even in the ads. I'll keep the discussion between both. Let's see how it will end. Funny story...

Tascam: similar to LAWO, but slighly less accurate. They didn't tell me which faders are used, but they also feel like coreless versions.

Digidesign: unfortunately I got no chance to test it.

DHD and the other big console suppliers didn't show up on the fair. No Euphix, no Harrison, no...

Sooo, even for the professional audio companies, fader implemention doesn't seem to be that easy. Let's try harder to do it better...  8)

Cheers,

Skunk

Thanks for the "status report" Andreas! I'll mail you in the next few days for talking about best time to call you... this time it's my turn  ;)

Digidesign: unfortunately I got no chance to test it.

... In about the middle of may I'll have a Digidesign ICON D-Control for testing in the studio and I'll report, if I can find out about what faders they're using, how they track and feel.

Studer Vista8: catastrophic! In recalled presets, coupled faders don't move accurate after some manual movements of the master fader. And they are very noisy. Some of them even lost the track and stopped moving completely. I don't know how they can sell such a high level console for a lot of money with such low quality fader implementation. Or I got a "monday model" in my fingers...  Studer is using the ALPS K V faders -- as far as I know.

... Yes they're using ALPS V-Fader. I didn't experience any tracking problems when I checked it at the Tonmeistertagung in Leipzig... I didn't pay enough attention on that since I was so fszinated by it's user layout.

Greets, Roger

LAWO mc²66:  excellent implementation of the coreless V faders. Very smooth, accurate and precise even after many fast movements of the master fader. And: silent!  Best I've seen on the exhibition. Presets of even 48 tracks are settled in max. half a second

Yes, they are engineered very nicely. I got to have a play with the faders on a LAWO mc²-series desk in 2003. The faders are soo smooooth. They spent a lot of time getting their motorfader driver algorithms just right. It is worth having a good look at the action of these faders!

I take 8 x RSAON11M9, N-Type Motorfader!

Maybe I want instead of M a W type, when TK definetly support this.

Also 8x FK13x25 blackchrom and 8x FK13x25 silverchrom (I can not decide).

And some Mec Buttons, but I must check my wallet.

PS: Don't forget the LCDs.

wfg

Jack

Hey Jack

Also 8x FK13x25 blackchrom and 8x FK13x25 silverchrom (I can not decide).

... you can decide later. I'm only ordering the SIFAm knobs next monday.

And some Mec Buttons, but I must check my wallet.

... I propably won't take any and there are no other orders. This will give no really better price than when you order them from DISTRELEC  :(

PS: Don't forget the LCDs.

... don't worry  ;)

Greets, Roger

Hey A.

Don't know my final layout colors yet, so I'll take both, I think.

Don't get it wrong! I'm not ordering the fader knobs on Monday but the SIFAM ROTARY knobs  ;)

http://home.tiscali.ch/screamingrabbit/Pages/UCAppsBulk_Order/SIFAM/SIFAM_Main.htm

I'll call you sunday evening...

... I think it's my turn  ;)

Greets, Roger

BTW off topic: I'm going for the Cherry MX Switches for Edit Section (like on the good old fairlight MFX  ;D