din problem

yaiy

hi all,

i have a problem with my project.

i use the midio128 and when shorting the pins directly on the board (with a small piece of wireup)i get good results.

problem is my  actual wires running to the on/off buttons are very long. some are 4-7 m long.

when i push them, i get (on some) several on/off  messages. they are all traceable and reoccurring.

as i mentioned before. i use wireup cables, i need them because the buttons are very close to each other.

i had a problem managed.

these are not standard buttons but 2 pieces of aluminum with a piece of insulator between them. when applying pressure to the top foil i close the circuit.

trouble is there was a lot of on/off jitter. i fixed that by changing the debounce value in the  mk_midio128_syx.

maybe i can fix these problem using a similar method?

is there something i can change that will rise the tolerance of the buttons so they want be effected by false positives?

please don't tell me to rewire  :P

20050331115244_G.jpg

similar problems?

http://69.56.171.55/~midibox/forum/index.php?topic=2893.0

there's also the thread about the added capacitors. will it help stable my inputs?

An impressing pictures! :)

Not sure if caps will really help, maybe it's better to reduce the value of the pull-up resistors on the DIN module.

You don't need to replace them, just solder the resistors in parallel.

E.g., with a second 10k in parallel, you will get a 5k resistance

You could try this for 1..8 inputs first in order to check if this really helps

Best Regards, Thorsten.