It would be really kool to make this Sh**

Sasha

Do you really think that the delay differences between a Darlington pair and a BJT will be significant when compared to the physical delays involved?

I really don't know, but I usually assume that the longest delays are the physical ones, especially when building momentum from zero to x is involved.

I'd build one to find out, but I have WAY too many open projects already. :-)

LyleHaze

Do you really think that the delay differences between a Darlington pair and a BJT will be significant...

A bit off topic ... Probably either would be quite fast enough though...

Timing is not an issue between these two options. Just thought I would mention it, for anyone interested. The reason I mention the power BJT was mainly that it may be a better option for supplying drive current for an electromechanical transducer.

on a related topic...

Yeah, seen that before. Brilliant!

By the way, I'll buy beer for the first person to build one of these MIDI percussion triggers, and hook it up to an e/V-drum.

By the way, I have a feeling this topic has come up before. Maybe it was a different forum?

Are you crazy? Desoldering braid/wick is awesome!

It was more of a reference to SMT soldering, (although now looking at the chip im not sure if it is!)

And the braid was meant to imply that i f**ked it up!

I should have realised that it only made sense in my own head, like most things i say/do!  :P