help!

Gonzo

I know it goes against the DIY ethic, but I really want a MIDIbox SID and I just don't have the skills to build one myself - I have tried asking people I know with no luck, so now I'm asking here if somebody could build one for me, or has one they don't want/need?

All I want is the minimal configuration with no control surface as shown here:

http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_sid/mbsid_stereo.jpg

I would of course buy the pre-made PCBs and pre-programmed PIC and parts if need be. In exchange, I have an ISA HardSID Quattro card that I would be happy to send to anyone who can help!

Gonzo don't panic, we all were newbies on DIY once!

Building a SID is easy, especially if u want it that simple!

The midibox community is allway shere to assist on any trouble you might find!

I encourage u to try and do it on your own.

But if u insist on finding it ready, then u should inform people about where r u from, because probably someone near u may be isier to help u.

(The hard sid is loaded with 4 sid chips??? in that case your suggestion becomes tempting  ;D )

Uclaros

Hi Gonzo,

woo-hoo... another Melbournite on the forum to join me and Wilba. I agree with uclaros, we were all DIY newbies at one stage. When I started, I hardly knew anything about electronics or MIDI either - now I'm making all my boards from scratch and writing MIOSStudio. I say go for it, a few trips to Jaycar or ordering online and you will have everything you need, and you've got help close by if you run into any trouble.

Cheers,

- Adam

I know what you guys are saying, and thank you for your encouragement - but it would just be a hundred times quicker and easier if someone could help me out... I can't afford to make mistakes and fry chips!

I wouldn't need a SID chip included in the MIDIbox either, I already have some I could plug in

I also have an 'Incredible Musical Keyboard' overlay for the C64 (in box with books) that I could throw in with the HardSID if that makes the offer any more attractive

Hi Gonzo,

Your offer is very tempting, but between my own midibox projects (3 in various stages of completion), MIOSStudio, work and school I just don't have the time at the moment. You can order kits from SmashTV's website which has basically everything you'll need, just a matter of soldering the parts to the boards.

- Adam

I know what you guys are saying, and thank you for your encouragement - but it would just be a hundred times quicker and easier if someone could help me out... I can't afford to make mistakes and fry chips!

I wouldn't need a SID chip included in the MIDIbox either, I already have some I could plug in

I also have an 'Incredible Musical Keyboard' overlay for the C64 (in box with books) that I could throw in with the HardSID if that makes the offer any more attractive

Ok, The MIDIbox and "quicker and easier" are mutually exclusive terms.....You are looking for a retail experience, this is not it.

This free info does come with a price, not money but learning.  I know in this profiteering world it's an outdated concept, but if the MIDIbox is cool enough for you to publicly beg anyone to build you one isnt it cool enough to learn some basic soldering and do it yourself?  And maybe learn something in the process?

You already have some great guys there offering local help, and the help here is phenomenal......What are you waiting for?

Please no more trade offers, it reduces the value of our community and sours the whole experience for a lot of the others here......

Best!

SmashTV