20 led ledring

d2k

Hey,

Just been playing about with one of these that I got ages back: http://www.pennyandgiles.com/docGallery/85.PDF

The encoder works great - 0 at bottom, hitting 127 when at top ;) now the thing is, it has 20 internal leds that i'd like to use as an led indicator showing current encoder value (like normal led ring) but the leds are connected in a matrix which is dif to the normal way used with mios - here we have 4 cols and 5 rows - as can be seen in the PDF diagram...

I guess i need to edit ledrings.inc to implement this correctly right - any initial pointers to go on?

Thanks!

Woah, is that a fader that uses a belt system and the led's are beneath that belt? i've never seen anything like it. Where'd you get it and what's the price point?

Yup. i got lucky on ebay a while back with em - picked up a set of 5 for less then 1/2 of one retail as i remem...

So no-one has any ideas bout making use of the LED bar? I've opened up one of the faders and can quite easily cut tracks on the LED pcb in there - would it be best to cut the COL lines? then the rows can all be joined up to...

I would prefer if mios can make use of it 'as-is' tho  ;)