Replacement for BC337

Guest lysdexic

Guest lysdexic

I read somewhere on the site about a replacement for the BC337 in the Core module but I can't find the page again. Does anyone know what I can use instead of the BC337 or can you point me to the page on the site that lists the alternative? Thanks.

I think this is what you were looking for:

Note 5: outside europe the BC337 is hard to find, the 2N3904 is a good replacement

But note that the outer pins (E and C) are exchanged - you have to upturn the transistor to get the E, B, C pin matching with the PCB

• 2 years later...

Just made a mistake when soldering my two cores... since I'm also building a JDM, I accidentally soldered the BC547C for the JDM on the cores instead of the BC337 :-X

Now my question, can I just leave the BC 547C on the core, or do I have to remove it (which will be difficult, because I already bent the legs of the transistor :-\ ). In the schematic, the 547 is mentioned alongside with the 337, this is why I thought this could be possible.

Which would of course mean that I would have to go and buy another two 547 ::)

EDIT: When we're on the subject: Could I even substitute the 547 on the JDM for 337?  8)

EDIT2: Solved. I googled up datasheets, and since hFE and current ratings aren't compatible, it's "Go buy a desoldering pump".