SID CHIPS

atomsize

Hi all,

i have four sid chips that are currently on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7323732372&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

i was intending to build a sid synth, but i never seem to have the time

if one of you wins them please send me photos of the finished product, it is with a heavy heart that i'm selling them and i hope they go to a good home as it took me 5 months of searching to get them

Cheers all

Gordie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gang!

Just to let you know that the SID's arent forget. My friend is looking for more SID's to make everyone happy. Right now no more "orders" are beeing accepted (sorry but i dont know yet how many are available).

I'll keep you guys updated :)

by the way... gordie... you sold them for how much? 40£? nice deal :)

• 1 month later...

Ok.... bad news...

The guy cant dig any SID's or even find them in is workshop... i'll try to ask him again, but i really dont believe in getting the sid's for us. Senso is a thrusty seller (i've made some bussines with him) and you can get is sid's before they are over ;o)

if i get any news dont worry, i'll post them..until then... i need to apoligize to everyone for creating false expectations... sorry guys :( i wish it went as i have planned.

regards

• 4 months later...

There have been some complaints about centsilble recently :(

Please look at this thread:

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=5611.0

That's interesting.  Though, I ordered the 6581 chips, not the 8580 chips people were having troubles with.  Also, centsable did send an email saying they had one 6581 chip for me, and the second they could probably get from the c64 conference they were going to.  I'll check back with them to see what's up.  Good to know though, thanks.

There have been some complaints about centsilble recently :(

Please look at this thread:

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=5611.0

I now have a tracking number for 2 6581 SID chips that apparently have been tested to work.  Centsible sent them out today...

He also says he's out of the 6581's and will be marking the website, and will be getting more at a later date.

Commication was pretty good, promptly answering questions.

I only ordered about a week ago, so this was pretty fast turnaround. 

It probably helped him out that he just went to a c64 show, but still, I'm happy.

Hope they arrive working.  ::)

UPDATE:  they arrived stuck in black conductive foam.  Pretty quick