Detented push buttons

Afro88

I'm looking for some push buttons that click when they're pushed, like the buttons on my Behringer BCR2000 or my DSI Evolver or my MPC or pretty much any synth I've ever used. I don't mind if they're square, circular whatever, as long as they feel like these ones. I've got a few buttons ordered from Mouser for another project, but they don't click into place like the buttons on my synths, in fact they don't click at all. I've looked through the pages on Mouser, but, as they say, it's all Greek to me - I can't tell which ones would act like the type I'm thinking of.

As far as I can gather from other topics I need SPST Off-(On) buttons. Is there a name for the click type of buttons I'm thinking of?

Thanks

I also emailed Dave Smith about a lost knob on my Evolver and asked him about the buttons on the Evolver.

He said this in the reply: "On the switches, it is from E-switch, type TL1105SP. Digikey is a convenient place to buy them."

These buttons are really nice and solid, with a good click to them. I might grab some of those as well. I'm waiting on some sample buttons from mec too ;)

yeah, you're basically talking about tact switches, like the ones ones in most gear - just like the E-Switch part# you were given. Tact switches are ok for alot of things. They don't have much travel so it's the tact, the audible snap and feeling, that tells you it's been pressed. These are used most on consumer gear because they are right for the job, they're cheap, mount straight to pcb, and all is well.

A typical mechanical momentary push-button switch will look something liek this one:

Why are you linking to an IP address? That's dodgy.... - stryd_one

http://66.97.36.105/midibox/push-1.jpg

There are also mechanical tact switches around that operate like typical tact switches, but actually have a spring-like snap component, and have a travel of 2mm, more like the traditional spring-based push-button in the pic above. At the same time they have the snap like the Tact switch. Kind of like half way in between. I bought a dozen of these type from Digikey a few weeks back when I was sorting out my project. They are actually rather nice. The have a very nice snap feel but at the same time way more travel than a tact switch. The part I got is Panasonic ESE-20C441 and it looks like this..

Why are you linking to an IP address? That's dodgy.... - stryd_one

http://66.97.36.105/midibox/push-2.jpg

just another option I guess...have fun