Pic Burner

LiFo

hi just wantet to inform you

i have made a  Pic burner (MBHP_BURNER_V1) on a breadbord

it is working fine (have just used it about 20 times to programm the same Pic18F452)

BUT (there is always a but )

when i first connect the burner to the pc and start the programming software  the Vpp light gos on after about 5 sec.

if i the go under options / hardware and push the Vpp off  the vpp light goes off  but comes on again after about 5 sec.

i can keep doing this for ever

but if i push the Vpp on and then the Vpp off then it stays off

and if i close the software and start it again later it works witout the vpp going on every 5 sec.

this is probably a software error 

but i just wantet to inform you

Hi,

I haven't noticed this effect yet, could it be that a scanner or printer driver is running in background which accesses the LPT port from time to time in order to detect a connected device? I have a similar problem when my Mustek scanner driver is active

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 4 years later...

Hello everybody,

I've been working with my PIC BURNER in this last couple of days, and I've been founding some problems, so, while I was browsing the forum for some answers I found this topic and decided to jump in.

The exact same thing happens to me also, Vpp led goes ON when I turn the burner ON....and it only goes OFF after pressing Vpp ON and Vpp OFF buttons in PBrenner..

I have no printer installed, but I have a printer emulator(that prints stuff into pdf files).....

I've been getting other problems but I've created a new topic for this.

cheers