PCBs for AN2131SC USB Board?

Metrophage

I am trying to figure out what stuff I'll need for the midibox projects I am starting, so I can get PCBs and parts ordered. I am in the US, so I will likely order PCBs from SmashTV.

Checking the USB board's page, I can't see any mention of a PCB for this one! Since this and the OPL3 boards use surface-mount parts, they are obvious candidates. I know that people have been hopeful for the PIC USB board, but I'd like to try this AN2131 version.

Anybody know of any PCBs for this out there?

Thanks!

CJ

Well, I used to have bare PCBs for the 2131 based USB interface, but with the USB/PIC interface on the horizon (before we knew there were issues with the new USB PICs) I pulled it from my lineup.

Several reasons I was not sad to remove it from the store:

It needs a re-design (my fault, mounting hole too close to a trace)

Demand is very low (I had one run, about two dozen, for over a year on the shelf)

Difficult availability for the 2131, it's probably near EOL anyway as embedded USB technology advances

I don't have any left from the last run, but if there is sufficient interest (in other words, get 20 people together that want one for $10 each) and I'll have a new run fabricated.

I wish I had a better answer for you....  :-\

Best!

Smash