LC question

lukas412

Is it possible to build an lc (kinda)clone, only utilizing the control portion of the controller? Like the jog wheele and stuff, but just kinda add that on to a midibox 64e? I have my 64e designed, and its just what I want, but Live will be integrating Mackie control soon, and I would like to add the ability to navigate and stuff from the controller, but i dont want the motorfaders, and I need more rotaries.

Thanks,

Luke

the main problem is the navigation in the display parameter ,the LC work with bigger screen , but as the hardware of the 64E is near to be similar to the SEQv2 app , i think is a way to quickly adapt your hardware (and so ,you will be able to choose between the SEQ , the 64E and the LC emulation .

here is a quote from Ucapps SEQ page:

Feature: Adaption of the Logic/Mackie Control emulation to the MIDIbox SEQ hardware for the final mix-down (yes, it already works ;-)) - motorfaders will be simulated by every second encoder.

Here some quick snapshots, how the MBLC emulation looks on the MIDIbox SEQ hardware.

8 encoders are used as "V-Pots", the remaining 8 encoders as Motorfader-replacement (mostly controls volume).

The Jogwheel function is available (17th encoder), and there are 3 button layers to which the LC commands are assigned

(of course, it is possible to add even more buttons (up to 128-2*17 = 94 button functions) and LEDs (up to 128), and to customize the button/LED in order to assign LC commands like desired - the MIDIbox LC application is really flexible :)

And it provides a "general purpose" mode with 128 additional MIDI parameters

Common view (the tracks are selected with the Bank +/- buttons)

mbseq_lc1.jpg

View of a VST plugIn:

mbseq_lc2.jpg

Editing VST parameters:

mbseq_lc3.jpg

The screens look a little bit scrambled. The reason is, that it has to be stretched from 2x55 to 2x80, so that the displayed parameter labels and values are exactly above the appr. V-Pots.

There are 4 different display modes with alternative views, e.g. one where the 2x55 display is centered (no scrambling)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Referring to this:

Here some quick snapshots, how the MBLC emulation looks on the MIDIbox SEQ hardware.

8 encoders are used as "V-Pots", the remaining 8 encoders as Motorfader-replacement (mostly controls volume).

The Jogwheel function is available (17th encoder), and there are 3 button layers to which the LC commands are assigned

(of course, it is possible to add even more buttons (up to 128-2*17 = 94 button functions) and LEDs (up to 128), and to customize the button/LED in order to assign LC commands like desired - the MIDIbox LC application is really flexible :)

So, it is possible to change the motorfaders with encoders?

If you use the encoders with a sort of belt and the 'ledring' leds in a straight line next to to the belt for position indicator, then you have no need for MF-ers?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

So, it is possible to change the motorfaders with encoders?

with the SDCC based version it is possible, yes

If you use the encoders with a sort of belt and the 'ledring' leds in a straight line next to to the belt for position indicator, then you have no need for MF-ers?

maybe this could work, but the additional ledring (or better: ledbar) handler has to be implemented by yourself. However, with the C version it isn't so difficult

Best Regards, Thorsten.