Mackie d8b motorfaders

jeroddumas

Jeroddumas,

if you get the datasheet, I'd be interested in a copy.  ;) But I don't think Mackie will give them away. I had bad experience with Mackie getting detailed HW informations. They more or less ignore such enquiries. They want you to buy their equipment, not to clone it.  ;D

Cheers & Good Luck,

Skunk

Hmmm, interesting... you rreally got the service manual? In the service manual you normally find a list with all the parts used in the d8b, often called BOM = bill of materials. In the schematics you need to identify the faders with their corresponding part IDs. Take the IDs and cross check in the BOM for the corresponding material name. Normally you should find there a part number and may be also the supplier. If you got this, then let's proceed.

Cheers,

Skunk

Hi again,

I just checked the schematics. Have a look on Sheet 125-3. The fader is powered by a discrete bipolar transistor H-Bridge running on 12V. I assume the faders used are cheap licence build according to P&G, but manufactured in Far East. The motors used could be Panasonic, so the power for the motor is mostly in the range of +8V...+12V. Unfortunately the BOM doesn't give any indication about the manufacturer since it just says: motorized 100m faders.

Cheers,

Skunk

• 6 months later...