LCD options on the 16f

Jidis

Am I correct in assuming that the old 16f firmware doesn't support the long (2x40,etc.) displays? I wired one up and get just the left side. I read on the LCD info page about the 2x20 and blank extra characters. Does this mean it's 2x16 only?

-Thanks!

Thanks as usual Thorsten :)

I think I'm going to break down and make the changes tonight for the 18f (I'm running a Greg board). The layout and functions probably would have been simple enough to run a 2x16, but I may want to use the box for other stuff later. MIOS is still a bit overwhelming to me right now and I was hoping to keep everything as simple as I could. I hope someday there will be a printable PDF manual or something. There's a lot to be read here.

(to anybody) How much do I need to do to the Greg board, other than the crystal, to bring it up to date? I thought someone else here was doing that recently.

-Take Care

George

BTW- TK, if you read this, I got that program done a few weeks ago to snag the JLCooper record light messages with a 16f84. I ended up having to replace and rewrite most of the receive code, but I learned a lot. I did have a couple questions afterward. I'll try to go over my notes and ask them here if you don't mind.       - Thanks Again!

Hi George,

BTW- TK, if you read this, I got that program done a few weeks ago to snag the JLCooper record light messages with a 16f84. I ended up having to replace and rewrite most of the receive code, but I learned a lot. I did have a couple questions afterward. I'll try to go over my notes and ask them here if you don't mind.      - Thanks Again!

if you don't expect an quick reply, it's ok :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Never-  Slow reply, no reply  .... you've already done too much! :-*

Someone else here may even respond. It will take me a bit to refresh my memory on what I did anyway. I was so glad to see the thing work that I stuck the protoboard somewhere with a bunch of other junk and moved on to something else.

-George