Motorfaders+ableton live

SounDuke

Hi everyone, is there anyone who can explain me how motorfaders reach their positions? I don't know if I'm correct, is it the midi out of the Host application in the PC which sends position data to the motorfaders? I'm designing a controller for Ableton Live tracks, and it would be really useful to open a project in Live and have the faders in the position of the last mix. Live4  midi out implementation is a little poor, is it possible to let motorfaders work with Live?

but has anyone already tried the ALPS RSAON motorfaders mounted in a midibox to control Live? Does it work

... it doesn't matter for the host application, which type of motorfaders you use. The faders have to work within the MidiBox, the rest is a implementation thing of the MIDI-protocol of your host.

Greets, Roger

Hi Sounduke,

i´m just betatesting Live 5, it now has full MCU support for up to one main unit and 2 extensions. It works really great, i think Ableton made the last step to make Live a better alternative to the established programs (Logic, Cubase etc.).

So if you are working with Live i´d recommend upgrading to V5 and building a Midibox LC. You just have to configure it as a Mackie Control.

I´m using the standard RSAON faders, they are ok.

Axel