Midibox64 LC Variant

rattleandhum

Hi Kurt,

MB64 cannot emulate the Logic Control Protocol - however, without the large display it doesn't make much sense anyhow, and most MIDI software provides a good integration of such a generic controller that you are planning to build.

I would suggest to add at least one DINX4 module (or one 74HC165 on a breadboard) for at least 8 buttons. This allows you to control special functions of your sequencer (e.g. Play/Stop/Record/...)

Also Solo/Mute buttons can be very useful

Best Regards, Thorsten.

however, without the large display it doesn't make much sense anyhow

TK and Kurt- FWIW, I didn't have much trouble moving the display elements around on a 2x40 using the MB64 files, and I barely know what I'm doing ;)

I've played with the main display page layouts, but there's lots of stuff that seems like it would need to be moved around to use the wide LCD. Nothing frightening, just a bunch of nudges and added characters. I've been fighting with some button mode changes the past couple nights, so the LCD offset thing is a fond memory.

Now that I've seen Nuendo's ability to transmit the mapped generic remote element's MIDI messages from the program, I don't see much reason to go LC either, and the MB64 code seems written to be customized.

I do like the MTC display and the track metering, but there's always MIDIMon for one of them.

-George