MIOS Studio for Mac users

adamjking

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, it worked well, I was able to upload MIOS successfully, and then was able to upload the new software as well.

Also I'd just like to say that the standard Detented2 setup of 1.1c works perfectly! There is not longer any strange seizing or jittering!!! I'm very excited now and I can begin learning how to use my FM. I guess I might have to do a little re-wiring for the core <--> USB module to work at its best, but anyways I think I'm mostly out of the woods now!

THANKS VERY MUCH STRYD, AUDIOCOMMANDER AND TK!!!

• 1 year later...

after that appear of snow leoprad as golden master i had installed this version since last week! here some notes concerning Snow leopard an mios studio.

the mios studio can´t work here after copy of "mmj.jar & libmmj.jnilib" in the directory of java " /Contents/Resources/Java " It crashed on start (freezing) Befo, it works but no devices appears.

concerns the following versions Java standard edition V6 Version 13.0.0 on SL 10.6.0 Final

That means probably that SL and Mios Studio won´t work together!

Solutions?

Solutions?

Wait until I will install SL as well ;)

As a workaround I've already a simple command line tool under preparation which natively accesses the MIDI ports and doesn't require Java.

It's less comfortable to use (ok, for me it's much more comfortable than clicking with the mouse), but doesn't depend on the OS version...

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 weeks later...

Bad news: according to the mmj website, the development of this library has been discontinued in July 2009 - support for 64bit Java cannot be expected, and even if 32bit JRE is selected under Snow Leopard, it won't work properly.

Good news: it works perfectly with Mandolane (single user license available for ca. 6 EUR)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

i am trying to get my CORE32 to work. While uploading with MIOSstudio on SL (seems do work with mandoline), it did not successfully upload the software.

So.. i am in Boot1 now, and i see "MIOS Bootloader" in Audio/Midi Setup but not in MIOS Studio. How can i upload the SEQ4 code successfully over to the CORE32 module ?

• 2 months later...

So, silly question... I downloaded the Mios Studio 9_4.jar folder and the instructions said to drag the .jar into my applications folder and double click to use after installing one of the Java/MIDI things.... where's the Mios Studio .jar file? all I have from the downloaded folder is a bunch of class files and a copyright file.

-Ian

• 2 months later...

I try to program my Core32 bought from SmashTV. In OS X I see the device as Core32 with one midi in and one midi out.

However I cannot load MIOS Studio. It hangs with the splash screen. I have installed Mandolane from http://www.mandolane.co.uk/MandolaneInstallV2_96.zip. I use a MacBook with Intel processor, latest version of Snow Leopard and updated Java.

When I boot my mac in windows xp sp 2 I can start MIOS Studio all right, but windows doesn't find the Core32. Nothing happens on the computer side when I connect it. Is there some prerequisites for windows xp? Drivers?

I know the last one is a bit off topic, but it still is a Mac running windows :whistle:

Thankful for a reply.