PREDICTIVE TEXT FOR LIVE/TRAKTOR FS?

fugda

Hi,

I am very new to this forum and I'm currently researching the interface possibilities for Traktor FS/Ableton Live controller.  Midibox appears to present me with many of the control options I need

However, I want to be able to search through my loop/track collections via the built in broswers in traktor and live via a mobile phone type predictive text type interface. 

Have any of you experts attempted anything like this before or am I only dreaming?  I would greatly appreciate if anyone can point me in the correct direction.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan.     

Hi,

Do you know MIDI? Do you know, what such a browsing method would need from your host software or from your midicontroller? Midibox is fully ready for your needs - but do Live or Tractor send midi messages with track names?

Bye, Moebius

p.s. Of course you could hardcode the track names on the MB application :P

Hi,

Thanks for the swift reply.  In answer to your question, I have a basic working knowledge of midi, in that I can set up my host software (I use Live, TFS, Logic and Komplete mainly).  I am more interested in making music than the technology side of things and my controller will hopefully let me realise my performance ideas.  I should also point out at this stage that it looks more likely for me to commission a midibox project than build it myself.

Both Live and Traktor will let me use midi to control the internal browsers in the software to some degree and of course if I'm using a laptop I can always just use the keyboard shortcuts and type in searches.  Space is at a premium in my design as the brief is for performance and I want to be as visible as possible.  The set up centres around a G5 Xserve running Live and TFS at the same time.  My displays are on floating arms which let me position them where I can monitor easily without compromising trainspotter visibillity.

I thought that there might have been some way that I could emulate the text input of my computer keyboard via software that could be built into the controller and use a mobile phone 2ABC, 3DEF, etc type layout interface on the top of the controller to search for and load files.  I understand that this is a little of topic but, as my knowledge of programming is deficient to say the least, I wonder if this is possible?