LTC Module : both leds lit at the same time / displaying-sending data is slow !!

jdelgoulet

Hi,

Today, I plug my LTC module to the core to have the 2 In/Out leds and , eventually, the midi thru port.

Before I plug the LTC module, everything works great, once it i splugged, evertime I'lm sending data, both in/out led are flashing at the same time but, waht surprinsing me

is that displaying data or even sending data becomes very slow  :(

What can I do ??? Any idea ??? Heeeeellppppp !!!  :-[

Julien

Recheck your connection between the core and the LTC. Perhaps there´s something (sounds like switched input/output or similar).

If not: Try plugging in the LTC without the 74HCs. If everything works, put back the one 74HC for the LEDs, if that still works etc.

This way you come closer to the problem.

Ok,

I remove both 74HC00 and, of course, the leds do not work but  now, the MIOS responds without any delay.

I stuffed the first 74HC00 (the one near the pin that go to the core) -> no delay, but the leds do not work

I stuffed the second 74HC00 adn remove the first one, the problem appears ...

Any idea (I've already check the LTC module and everything looks ok :-( )

herlp !!!

Finally I undersatnd what you mean by PIC ID :

AYou are talking about :

Device ID = 0x42

MIDIbox-to-COM interface

character LCD

So PIC ID should be 0000000000000142.

The fact is : do I need to have this ID if I don't use the midi-to-com interface.

I'm just using the LTC for the Midi thru and led in/out functoins ..

thanks for your help.

There mightbe something to put in the C code to tell the core that I have the LTC module plug ?  ???

No no. In this configuration it's simply tapping midi signalls from core.

Bye, Moebius

p.s. By the way - are you sure you haven't created a midi feedback loop, when introducing LTC to the system?

Thanks for all the reply Moebius !

In fact, it "looks like" a midifeeback loop as everytime midi data are going out both leds are on.

The problem is : what can I do to avoid midifeeback loop ? ...  -> should have a look (again) at my circuit and looking for midi in and out connected  ?

Thanks a lot for your help guys !

YES !!!!!!!!!  :)

I re-check the LTC module against the gif of the LTC module using a magnifying glass .. and found out a very very small "solder bridge" between two tracks that shouldn't be here ...

I plugged the 74HC00, the LTC module and youhou !!! it worked !!

Thanks a lot everybody for your help !!!

And sorry for posting thing that I should have resolved by myself ;-)

PS : Just to say, that I put a post on the C MIOS programming part about ledrings issue ... but nobody answered .... ;-)

The fact is : do I need to have this ID if I don't use the midi-to-com interface.

I'm just using the LTC for the Midi thru and led in/out functoins ..

Now that this is fixed I can say DUH.....  Caught me asleep in class again....  ;D

Some days a diamond, but -most- days a stone....  ;)

Have fun!

Smash