2x40 lcds on LC

eufex

Hi - not sure if this is the right forum for this question - apologies if it isn't.

When using 2x40 LCDs on LC is the whole width of each display used? Looking at the pictures of extended LCs in the gallery where 2x40s are used it looks like only 3/4 of the display is being used - is this the case? If the whole of the display IS used is the track split perfectly even across the display and if not how is it split?

I think I may have found the answer to my question - LC_HLP_MsgCursorPos in lc_hlp.inc uses the left display from character 7 to 39 and the right display from character 0 to 33 so I need to find a 'best fit' for faders across each display as the split per channel won't be exactly in line with the characters.

Hi eufex!

I have the same question and problem! I also realized that in the designs in the galery. You want to use the whole display just for

the channel strips right? Did you find out howto? How did you remove the status and the beats display?

I allready posted this on the programming forum and TK recomended the new C-Version of LC for these things... but it would

be great if you allready found out :)

cheers

rambinator

hi - I've left everything as is with the code but that particular file contains a map across the two displays for the 55 character - some characters aren't used for the channels and then there is a 2 character gap between each channel. You can then work out your channel widths from the character widths on your display. It's very simple to change the mapping of the characters there as well.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm displaying everything in the LCD but using LEDs for timecode too (although I'm not sure if this will work with Cubase yet). I have left the file as it was and just used it to work out the measurements for the channel widths.

The timecode will also be displayed on LCD (in display page #1) - this allows you to check, if Cubase supports this feature.

Best Regards, Thorsten.