Nokia 5110 LCDs

d2k

...The thing is with these 5110 LCDs is the only ones I've had success with (from the get-go with the already-made-driver) is the type that feature 2 resistors visable inside from the underneath, theres another type without these resistors that wouldnt work...

Hi Dan,

it looks like I am running into the same problem here. I try using an LPH7366 type display (9 pin connected via metallic/foam thingy) from a Nokia 5110. It does not have the two resistors you talk about. Where exactly are they located on the cellulars that can be ripped?

I wonder though, if pin 8 (Vout, "LCD output voltage") should actually be generated inside the display, or whether it has to be applied there...? According to http://serdisplib.sourceforge.net/ser/doc/goldentek.pdf it should measure 7.6 Volts. With me, it does not show any voltage at all. If I open up the display I cannot detect any ciruitry that could possibly do the DC/DC conversion, so the display might actually expect 7.6 Volts to be applied at pin 8 ??

Do the cellulars' "mainboards" look any different (apart from the two resistors) between working and non-working display types? I mean, any hint on what else could be different??

Best, ilmenator