Cap's on DIN and DOUT

the sound

Hi I have Smash TV’s DIN and DOUT Boards they came with 4 caps each

And I do not know what to do with them, I do not see them on his diagram or doc’s.

I have looked on this site but they are not the same layout  I also think my first order did not have them.

I E-Mailed him and I sure he will respond in time, I just want to start testing.

Thank You.

HI.

Those are bypass caps for the ICs (chips). I think you'll find the right placement under the PCB from the ucapps site. (It was between Pin 1 and Pin 14, right?) On the otherhand (Sorry KD), there has NO reports that leaving out these caps has left Midibox not working.

Bye, Moebius

p.s. I'm a strong believer of bypassing and problems with power supply impedance. But show me a MB with those problems, or chips damaged by not bypassing power.

Hi

I saw your reply moebius and thought I would correct the pin numbers you gave. The DIN/DOUT chips are 16 pin chips and the bypass caps go between pin 8 (ground) and 16 (+5v).

You are correct when you say that leaving out the bypass caps will (probably) have no affect on the operation of the DIN/DOUT modules. However, putting them in does lend itself to a cleaner power bus and reduces the risk of affecting other more sensitive areas of circuitry such as the analog inputs from faders.

Regards,

Synapsys