Clockbox

TK.

The note on event was just an afterthought but did not tie in directly with the clock offset question.  The lag from a PC audio buffer IS well into the ms range, this is the lag I would want to try and compensate.

But after thinking about this problem again, it occurred to me that the clockbox probably can't do any kind of offset compensation because it has no reference to offset from.  It is the audio that has to offset in comparison to the incoming clock tick.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is the audio that has to offset in comparison to the incoming clock tick.

Yes! Programs like Ableton Live allow to compensate Audio into the negative or positive direction in relation to the incoming MIDI clock to overcome such issues.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 9 months later...

Has anybody ever thought about using an audio signal from your DAW (a trigger pulse) as an input, so the Mac/PC can be the Master, but the midi clock is generated by the clockbox, based on the trigger pulse?

Could the AIN module be used to insert a pulse signal from the DAW? that would be my favorite solution, as I really depend on the PC as master, but the Midi timing of ableton & logic really sucks...

(there is a comercial solution from innerclocks, the sync-lock, quite expensive...)

Has anybody ever thought about using an audio signal from your DAW (a trigger pulse) as an input, so the Mac/PC can be the Master, but the midi clock is generated by the clockbox, based on the trigger pulse?

Could the AIN module be used to insert a pulse signal from the DAW? that would be my favorite solution, as I really depend on the PC as master, but the Midi timing of ableton & logic really sucks...

(there is a comercial solution from innerclocks, the sync-lock, quite expensive...)

Hi,

inspired by a post (in german) in the sequencer.de forum i've already planned to try something like this - when i have some spare-time. Actually planned is the use of signals from LFOs or other modular-CVs, but audio-triggers should be possible to.

I do not plan to use a AIN module at all, but a little trigger-conditioner connected to a free DIN pin or J5.

regards,

Mike

• 7 months later...

this is nice

i have build the hardware but i i cant get the midi outs to work

can somebody please change the code so the the midi outputs wil be enabled,

and send it to me in a hex or sysex file ?

very nice project people ....keep it up !!!

i hope someone can help me with this

kind regards to you all

Vince.

• 4 months later...

Please.

Attached File(s)

clockbox_enhanced_v1c.rar (247.25K)

Number of downloads: 15

I uploaded this version and my display shows the right information and I got a row of 8 burning led's. But as I start pushing the buttons attached to my dinx4 board nothing happens, also the encoder doesn't give any reaction.

After pushing all my 32 buttons I found 4 working ones. 1>play 2>rew 3> start midi track 2 and 4> stop midi track 2. The led's for track 2 also go on and off. I attached 2 midi outs to j5 and both work, they send a play command when I hit 'global'play.

When I upload this version; clockbox_v1_5ekx, everything seems to work as it should, encoder works and all the buttons, but I can't enable the multi clock output. I've been busy for hours to make a new project.hex file but I didn't succeed.

So can anybody please upload or pm/email me the clockbox_v1_5ekx version, with the multi out enabled.

Cheers,

I would love to play with the shuffle and other extra features of this clockbox!

Edited by Elektruck

Ok it's working now, I recompiled the code!

I feel stupid now, cause I didn't have 'Active perl' installed on my computer, like the error message said. But I didn't read anything about it in the 'windows_toolchain_quickstart' WIKI page.

Great application!