How many LCD diplays per core

michiel

So i'll be needing a LCD Displacy with I2C Bus connection or a I2C bus interface to

connect an normal HD44780 LCD Display??

Does such a interface exist? I wonder...

Please read everything on the LCD page. For some displays you`ll need a special driver (you can integrate in MIOS). Look at the MIOS download page (http://www.ucapps.de/mios_download.html) what drivers are available. Or write your own driver ;)

This is the plan

Looks nice ;D

one large main display an four 2 x 16 sub displays to show the parameter and it's value.

Do you have programming skills to implenent this into the application?

I mean: MIOS provides the basics to control multiple displays, but the application itself has to send some useful data to the additional displays... unfortunately, the MB64/MB64E is written in assembler, therefore it's not so easy to extend them if you never programmed PIC assembler before.

Alternatively you could implement something similar in C - this isn't so difficult, but examples are rare

Best Regards, Thorsten.

The hole idea is to use the top encoder to flip thru the pages of an VSTi instrument or channel settings insert fx etc.

And use the four smaller displays to show the parameter and his value.

I wan't the value in the displa  in place of any ledrings around the encoders would this be possible with some or a lot programming?

With the C wrapper this shouldn't be that much effort... especially, since you only want to control a host application, where MIDI events could be statically defined (I guess that you don't want to change MIDI events directly on the LCD, when you are also able to edit them in your host sequencer?)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 months later...