Memorized display mode

Dimitris_FX_freak

Hello Thorsten,

I wanna make a request if possible (maybe others find it useful as well) so:

Is it possible for the midibox range to add the code needed so that the display mode can be memorized eg time code comes up in the every start of the box. I think it will need only one register that you are already using for the dispaly to be saved in the rom and recalled in the start up process.

Just an idea but if you plan to implement it please do it so for the midibox 16 as well.

hi thorsten,

it would also be nice if the currently active bank is remembered on powerup.

Also I was wondering if it would be possible to add an ascii name property to each bank that is displayed briefly apon bank selection. This way one could see at a glance what was going.  With many mixer and sequencer setups possible, many syx dumps and even bank sticks, it would help keep track.

many thanks

Alright, it's on the ToDo list now.

Btw.: the next MIDIbox64 version will not provide motorfaders anymore (due to the redesign, which comes with a seperate firmware) - this frees some memory for nice new features.

Btw2: In one of the next releases, the sequencer part will be seperated - so I'm able to add functions which are currently under discussion (Pot/Button-Groups with seperate banks, Button-Matrix like known from calculators, MIDIbox-Link, Display PlugIns with customizable "skins"), and for the sequencer all the features which are listed under http://www.ucapps.de/midibox64.html :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

About the to do list regarding the midibox 64: I hope it will be possible to add the option for a biger LCD say a 2x40 and that will be even nicer if this was available for motorfader extention like i saw it someware in the forum.

I am waitting for the first release of the motorfader firmware.

Best regards

Thats the purpose of the "Display PlugIns": it will be possible to program an own display routine (doesn't matter if for LCD dotmatrix, graphic or LED displays...) and to transfer the code via MIDI into the flash memory of the MIDIbox. I will provide some examples, so that everybody should be able to change them for his needs

Motto: create your personal MIDIbox Skin ;-)

Best Regards, Thorsten.