7 segment displays going cheap..

Artesia

A simple switch in the mios firmware is needed to use these displays; read the original post on the link :)

(copyed from: http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=5534.0 )

Hi everyone !

I recently stocked up on a bunch of new 7 segment displays; bought more than i needed.. should it interest anyone here;  i am able to offer them for 25p each.. Possibly less for more than a handful..

displays are as pictured below..

also have some bar graph ones somewhere too.

7seg5ys.th.jpg

15x16mm version:

Package Style: DIP

Char. Height (mm): 13

Number of Characters: 1

Luminous Intensity Min. (Cd): 600

If (Ma): 20 milliampre

Colour: Red

wave length (Peak): 665 nm

Circuit Connect: Common Cathode

Minimum Operating Temp (øC): -25

Maximum Operating Temp (øC): 85

7x14mm version:

similar specs for smaller module

more data soon...

..if this interests you, please contact me or leave a message here to express an interest in these displays..

Thanks.

I've got many too many myself. ???

I'm looking at getting some of the "mini" ones, if anyone runs into a bunch for cheap. I think mine are around the height of your 15mm ones, just duals. I'm also in need of "lens" material if anyone's got some (like the red or green tinted plastic in a clock radio). Friends introduced me to a guy named "Neon Charlie" recently who works with it and is going to leave me some, but I don't want to bug him.

-George

PS- I think I may have become obsessed with trying to see how small a space I can smush TK's time display into. Legend has it there's a unit out there that's only about .3" tall. ::) ::)  I've got a seven digit seven segment here from an old car phone, but I think I remember it using some weird matrix setup or shared pin that I was too dumb to figure out how to work with. :'(

GreenMTC.jpg <---- The bulk of mine are actually red ones