infra red sensor

Guest mferolla

I know this is an old thread but.. I just needed to comment. JMJ's lazer harp didnt work. I know from a very reputable source... my brother has worked with him on his Lyon concert (Houston/Lyon album).

"Uuh, jea really.." sounding like Beavis comin'  outta Butt"-Head..""But has anyone really heard any velocity on those redeavouass -pieces?!

Bye, Moebius

<not givin' any comments on those threads about IR sensors, just while ago>

Thats just the thing...  :) There is.  ..or it might be a filter effect.. what do I know.  :-/  But it was originally supposed to have like the D-beam.

Btw.. I am working on a design of a MidiBox D-beam and my concept will work! (dammit!)

Marc

"Uuh, jea really.." sounding like Beavis comin'  outta Butt"-Head..""But has anyone really heard any velocity on those redeavouass -pieces?!

Bye, Moebius

<not givin' any comments on those threads about IR sensors, just while ago>

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Did anyone have any success with the GP2D12 sensor? I picked up a couple and used this buffer: http://engin.swarthmore.edu/~adobos1/e58/hover/index_files/image017.jpg but with just a positive voltage and no negative voltage (opamp - pin connected to ground). I can get values from around 38-127 but am unsure how to code mios to make it see the lowest value as 0 so i can get a 0-127 range...any ideas?

Thanks!

• 3 years later...

The link you have posted expired but i think the problem is the minimum output voltage that op-amp can handle. If an op-amp's negative supply is connected to ground, it cannot guarantee (it usually won't) to go down to 0 volts. For instance, a ua741 can give minimum 1.2V, a LM358N will give 0.2-0.3V. So, even if you do not use negative voltages, you should supply the op amp negative supply with a really negative supply.

The Sharp analog's can handle 30-40Hz of sudden changes, it responds continuous changes easily. The problem with them (i think) they give non-linear output wrt to distance. I was thinking today to interface it to MB, and i end up with the conclusion that an AD-Processor-DA chain should be used to calibrate and modify the output of it. I will design a simple circuit soon to handle it.