MB909?

moogah

Ok here is the lowdown, I'm shure some of you know of Trevor Page and his 909 clone the 9090.  He has recently stopped producing sets of PCB's, but will consider another run if there is interest (~= 10 people).  This is a really great project and I think it makes a perfect canvas for a MidiBox sequencer project.  SO, if anyone here is interested hop over to the introspectiv forums at yahoo and say hello. 

• 5 years later...

Ok here is the lowdown, I'm shure some of you know of Trevor Page and his 909 clone the 9090.  He has recently stopped producing sets of PCB's, but will consider another run if there is interest (~= 10 people).  This is a really great project and I think it makes a perfect canvas for a MidiBox sequencer project.  SO, if anyone here is interested hop over to the introspectiv forums at yahoo and say hello. 

I have built the 9090 boards and I am trying to make a 909 looking sequencer with the SeqV4.

you can have a look at http://users.telenet.be/MB909/index.html

cheers Jef

• 2 weeks later...

I've built the 9090 and can recommend it as well.

I put it in a 19" rack with a front panel made by JulianF. I was thinking of adding the sequencer bits with a detached CS using no MIDI, or a small stand-alone TR-seq thus enjoying the so-so timing that is MIDI. Hence, I'm interested in more details about the seq integration later down the road.

Cheers,

J

Edited by jojjelito

• 5 months later...

A thread with successfull 9090 builders, that's the right place! :-D

Can one of ya please quick check voltages (towards 0V, and the four pins against each other) of connector J20 please!?

(It's the one where the LED should connect)

Got a kooky problem last night, after wired all components finally and power it up it blows 5V-rail-fuse everytime ya measure J20 or connect the led,

but all fine when ya, after replacing the brocken fuse, measure the -15/+15/+5 at any other possible place - absolutly weird...

...just de- and resolder J20 this morning, job done for the moment, we'll see! :logik:

Before I final connect the new child to my DAW, it would be much appreciated if one of ya can concise help with the right voltages from Pin 1 - 4 @ J20 towards 0V (second pin of J25 for ex.),

so I can collate values - many thanks in advance!

A thread with successfull 9090 builders, that's the right place! :-D

Can one of ya please quick check voltages (towards 0V, and the four pins against each other) of connector J20 please!?

(It's the one where the LED should connect)

Got a kooky problem last night, after wired all components finally and power it up it blows 5V-rail-fuse everytime ya measure J20 or connect the led,

but all fine when ya, after replacing the brocken fuse, measure the -15/+15/+5 at any other possible place - absolutly weird...

Against ground I get: +2.04V, 0V, +5V and +3.1V.

As I can't recall which is pin 1, that is from left to right, looking from the front (pot side) of the board. Hope this helps!

Kevin

LEDs work now and I'm happy to announce that it has stopped to blow fuses, but please doesn't ask wich step was the right one.

Things done:

- de- and resolder J20 and the voltage-regulators

- new crimp-connections for this section

- used other LEDs

- exchange the test-probes from my multi with new ones (that I had bought already a week ago or so)

Minimum one of the things above has done the trick, don't be able to say wich actual.

Followed ya model I get now: +4,9V, 0V, +4,9V, 2,5V [against ground], thanks for ya effort.

But my 9090 shift slightly out of symm as well, because -14,95Vdc, but "only +14,55Vdc - more component tolerances and measuring errors than realy a problem I think.

edit: So, now it's hopefully more understandable, was not realy my best morning this morning...

Edited by Brathering

• 3 weeks later...