Request for permission

jemtone

Hi, After 25 years of working as a midi programmer making music, I have the desire to design some hardware. I am looking for a place to call home in the community as far as this is concerned. All the projects to come will demonstrate my experience and user acceptability. Each design will consist of high level graphic and panel design. No manufactured runs at all regarding production of the units. I will personally build by hand all box's sold. All units will look professional, and will truly represent what the midibox was designed for. I intend to match the quality of the hardware and software design, with the physical aspects regarding looks, quality and feel.

I cannot stress enough my intention to live up to the standard of quality presented here, with hard work and quality hand built product. Please allow me the priviledge of offering all aspects of the design work and any other elements to this community. I am an alpha tester for Apple Logic Audio Pro ,and have been from the emagic days too. I offer my assistance in this area of the highest quality of years of experience to the community in any way.

My goal is to hand build quality powder coated silk screened professional  units, one at a time. I intend to charge only cost plus time required to hand build each unit. I ask that you grant me permission to show off your hardware/firmware/software with respect, and housed in equally designed fashion for sale on my web site, which should eventually be concidered commercial if they do well.

thank you for your time  )

Hi Joey,

thanks for asking here! This shows me, that you are aware of the community and the rules.

I must ask back do check if we have the same understanding: are you planning to implement new software + hardware designs based on MIOS. Will you release all specific informations to the public (source code, circuits), so that (alternatively) everybody will be able to build your creations without paying?

Considered that you've explicitely mentioned that large manufactured runs are not planned, I will propably grant it.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

-  are you planning to implement new software + hardware designs based on MIOS

- Will you release all specific informations to the public (source code, circuits), so that (alternatively) everybody will be able to build your creations without paying?

My intention is to publicly release all midibox modification information regarding Panel layout, box design,circuitry and Mios additions always. I do hope, that as I dive deeper into the inner works of this community, I will have the opportunity to develop a relationship with others, which will  inevitably,  allow for me to bring to life, some of my more complex ideas dedicated to firmware appendicies. After living in the MIDI world for 25 years, believe me, there are plenty 8)

- Considered that you've explicitely mentioned that large manufactured runs are not planned, I will propably grant it.

Thank you. I hope that this information is in accordance with all the guidelines and rules. 8)

joey

Hi.

Looking at http://jemtone.com/ - I'm pretty sceptical.

Just another ready made midi controller, only this time with midibox guts?

Value added only from building the box and frontpanel design/manufacturing? Did I get this right?

Moebius - sceptical about people who describe their intentions in a vague manner and ALWAYS sceptical when someone who "has lived in MIDI world for 25 Years" plans to build a controller ;D

Hi, no need to be sceptical, the web site only shows photoshop rendered drawings of ideas. The site is not open to the public. It is a place to view ideas and see how they would look on the web for me only!  As far as what value I can add, well, let me put it this way. If I never swam in a pool, and I jumped in, chances are I would sink and drown. So, it may take some time to turn out the mother load. Or maybe not, either way, I intend to stand by the rules and any work I do accomplish, will certainly be available for free publicly.

joey

After an email exchange it turned out, that this venture was mainly planned as a "sell-out" of existing MIDIbox projects. Especially when somebody expects help from the community if he runs into problems (...and who should support the customers?), and if no programming knowledge is available to implement new applications, I'm forced to stop this before it's too late.

Therefore: DENIED

However, you are always welcome to contribute to the community without making commercial profit

Best Regards, Thorsten.