Request for permission

drin

(Reposted here as requested by Thorsten - thanks TK!)

Hi Thorsten! Happy New Year!

I've been working on a MIDIBOX customized for Traktor 3, coded in C on top of MIOS. My code is only in debug stage, but I plan on having it complete by the end of February. There is enough demand for this box from Traktor users (according to their comments on the Native Instruments forums) that I'd like to consider commercializing it. I've already spoken with Tim and he's expressed interested in providing PCB fabrication for the internals, and I'd like to talk with you about the potential of selling the unit to Traktor users. It's a fairly specialized device, intended for use in Traktor 3 only, and while it uses MIOS underneath, the controller code is entirely new, using on the 'skeleton' C files as a template.

Please note, I have no intention of doing this as a "get rich" venture, but as a way to get controllers

into the hands of DJs using the Traktor software. That being said, I'm very open to the idea of making my code available to anyone who wants to use it. That way people who would prefer to build their own controller rather than buy mine would be able to do so.

I would also like to talk with you about the potential of licensing use of MIOS from you for use in this box,

if you're interested. I think MIDIBox, the MBHP and MIOS are wonderful tools, and you've done great things in developing them. I'd like to see you get some reward for your work beyond the adulation of the

users. <smile>

I can give you complete hardware specs, code flowcharts, anything you'd like to assist in the process. I have a source for case fabrication, decal printing, and most of the other processes needed.

Thanks for such great tools! I look forward to hearing from you.

-Adrian

ACCEPTED

Reasons: new application has been developed. Source code, hardware specs and additional documentation will be published so that everybody can build (and modify) the controller without purchasing it from Adrian. PCBs are delivered from SmashTV, this will help to keep his service alive

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 months later...

ACCEPTED

Reasons: new application has been developed. Source code, hardware specs and additional documentation will be published so that everybody can build (and modify) the controller without purchasing it from Adrian. PCBs are delivered from SmashTV, this will help to keep his service alive

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Sounds great, everyone wins! :D Thanks and good luck to all :)