MIDIbox of the Week (MB64E based Traktor Controller made by PayC)

TK.

Thnx a lot for that!  :)

But I really think that the BIG difference in those two boxes only lies in some frontplate design. Just use the same stuff as I do (some sort of self-adhesive inkjet-printable overhead foil) and voila -> wonderful frontplate designs! :)

Good thing you left that big blank space on both sides of your panel then :D

Its too obvious, ill have to fill up that space.... but i dunno where to find big round spin caps..

And i wasted so much time on that plate, its brushed aluminum 6 mm thick and now i want to change layout (too late).. and the worst part is that  its giving me hard time implementing the buttons... i have 40  9x9 mm click buttons and I dont know ow to put them... Tryed glueing with epoxy but they refuse to hold after few clicks.. :(

You know what? I didn´t have the slightest clue where to get those spin caps, too. So I did them myself! I misused some "normal" knob as a base (especially the screw holding the stuff to the pot/enc shaft is important). The outer stuff is just a plexiglass plate (satiniced) which was roughly brought into shape and then attached to the drilling machine for grinding it exactly round (so I misused the driller as a turning machine). Tadaaa! Spin caps! :)

Are your buttons PCB-compatible? Then you could solder the buttons just as normal to the PCB and attach *THE PCB* to the frontplate with some screws. I do that always and it works out pretty perfect (especially because you save a LOT of screw holes).

Hepls?

Greetz! :D

I ordered the Plexiglass already satiniced (cause there´s nearly no difference in pricing). If you want to satinice it afterwards, like MTE said: Just some grinding paper (rough at the beginning going in big steps to finer papers) and circular motions will do.

Greetz & good luck!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

can someone share the circuit diagram pls

Stacky, you seem to be asking for circuit diagrams in lots of threads - how about you make a new thread and tell us what you wanna do and we'll see what you need to get there?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...