I must seem so impatient

Slorrin

I know i must seem SO impatient, but, will SID modules and Core modules be shipping any time soon?

Not impatient at all!  I have had some unforseen issues that have kept me away from getting everything finalized and tested.

From wrenching on my wife's car to the spam attack (15,000+ per hour for a while) to the realization that my only remaining SID chip (for testing) was dead, it's been a wild ride....  :-\

With those issues corrected, I'm finally back to a few hours with Eagle to finalize things on the new stuff, time at the bench to test the new stuff, time to turn a lot of bulk parts into some fresh SID kits, and pack some orders....Thinking of changing my profile to "not waving, drowning!" for a little while.... ;)

That said.....

I have a large stack of orders here packed and ready to go out, I'll be either making a late postal run tonight or an early run tomorrow.  When I say large stack I mean every order that is not waiting on the new boards is packed and ready.

The new SID boards are done and here, have been well tested by me and others, and I'll have some kits done to ship with them in the next few hours.  The bad part of that story is the matching CORE is not done yet.  While the difference is only a wiring change as covered in the forum posts about this, it's a bummer to not have both in and at the same time.  :(

I'm doing my absolute best to keep with the date on the 23rd, but I'm way into my "safety zone" and any delay with fab or shipping will cause the date to slide, and that's assuming I can have everything done and cleaned up and tested over the next day.

I know a lot of you guys have been waiting too long already, and that really weighs on me.  :(

The changes are basically a mix from a list of every suggestion builders have made over the last few years (including bypass caps on everything), changes I have made to make the build quicker/cut errors(PCB mount MIDI jacks on the CORE).

More info on the CORE soon, some early info/photos of the new SID here http://www.avishowtech.com/mbhp/mbhp_SIDR3.html

Seems the confirmation emails still are not making it out, so I'll update the status and buy pages again tomorrow and try again from my Gmail account.

Thanks for your patience, time to coffee up and get back to it.... ;)

Best Regards

SmashTV

hehe thanks Therezin!  ;D

I'm converting the new core, din, dout, ain, and aoutlc layouts to gerber right now.

They will probably be making silkscreens for these within the next 24 hours 7194 miles (11578 km) away.  <--Still trips me out... ;)

I'll do my best to hammer out a reasonable deal for quickturn service, and hopefully it won't come all that way here to get stopped for extra days by customs in Kentucky.....

I'm just hoping I won't need a flux capacitor module and a well timed lightning bolt (1.21 gigawatts?!?) to get the boards in my hand on the 23rd....  :-\

Best

Smash