Smash TV Kits

Jaicen

Just wondering if there's any news on wether they're shipping yet or not?

I'd like to get my hands on some before I spend all my money again ;)

Glad You asked.

I can't speak behalf of SmashTV, but it looks like He is finally getting the boards and in two weeks all this "back order" mess will be cleared out. (That one was for You Smashy!  ;D)

So, It's Yes - "If You have ordered boards/kits ect. from SmashTV  - You will get those soon."

(Sorry, if those don't look like the ones You ordered - there was board revision going on.)

Moebiius/Samppa

(And NO, we didn't have THAT good time in Las Vegas)

Thanks M!

I have not handled this well at all, and I have been pacing a hole in the floor here just thinking about the missed release date... :-\

The boards are in process at the fab, and in the worst-case scenario won't be here until March 10th, but I do expect them sooner....My buy contract with the fab guys allows them extra days in case they have issues, and that's where the March 10th date comes from.

In past orders from them though, they have never taken all the time allowed by the purchase order, and usually finish and ship much faster than expected.  When they do finish they will ship from there to here via overnight fedex.  I could have fed a large village of people for a year on just the crazy shipping cost alone....

Instead of whining to you all about the endless small delays, Let me say that the wait has been entirely my fault.  If I had done this in December we would be playing with the new stuff now....  :-[

All that aside refunds are available to anyone waiting, and those who have waited so patiently will get extra connectors and ribbon cable with your order so you can start building immediately without having to chase more parts....Whether you ordered them or not. 

My "work in progress" docs for the new CORE can be seen here http://www.avishowtech.com/mbhp/mbhp_coreR4.html, my apologies for the bad photoshop work on the render (I'm not a CAD guy!).  And i'm open for any questions about what has changed, why I did xx, etc. Any questions and suggestions will help me improve the docs for these, so let me know what you think....

I'm checking for ship status on the boards automatically, As soon as they leave China I'll post here and follow their journey.

Thanks again for your understanding on the wait, and if you are as frustrated as I am with it please yell at me a bit to vent, it's healthy.

Best Regards

Smash

PS: M's comment above about Las Vegas was re: a comment I made in the IRC chat about having a price on my head, "these guys probably think I fled to Mexico with the pre-order money"

No Vegas or Mexico for me.....  :)

You're throwing in extras? If I were to order tonight, would I be able to get a core and a sid module or have you already sold your initial shipment? And would I get some cabling thrown in too?

</eager>

*ahem*. Please forgive the kid-in-a-sweet-shop attitude of the previous questions, I'm just psyched about these boards.

can i order toda and receieve these mystical bonus prizes?

Actually no, since I'm releasing more new docs today  :)

(In other words, from here on out you would know what your getting into and should order based on that, the guys ordering up to this point did not know the final connector config, etc.)....And I'll be bouncing any orders today until this evening when the docs are publicly linked from my info pages.

I'll email the guys who need to have their orders changed soon....

More work-in-progress docs:

http://www.avishowtech.com/mbhp/mbhp_ainR3.html

Any comments are welcome......Always looking to do better docs!

More to come as I get them done.....

Best Regards

SmashTV

I just can't believe my eyes!  :o

Just WHAT are You GUYS? Could You give Smashy a Break?

-------------------

You might NOT have noticed that one of his batch Shipments (20th of December) was mostly "lost on shipment" - Before this incident, he still had boards on stock, but decided to reship everything for customers waiting their boards from this shipment.

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=6055

He had already decided to do this NEW - EASIER TO BUILD, board revision before finding out about the lost shipment and was working on it. I can assure You, it's not that easy task and Smash wanted approval from Thorsten for each and every new board design.

While talking to Smash, he has also mentioned some "set-up" trouble in the PCB fab side which definitely isn't HIS fault.

-------------------

I hope this time He has put His words right and You don't deliberately missunderstand what He says!

He's sorry for the delay and tries to make a small compensation with these "extras" for those who have waited for long and might have studied documentation of the previous board revision to allow them start building immediately.

-------------------

Now Smashy's getting costly EXPRESS Shipping from PCB fab to his place, cutting his already small profit margin...

...and then You start sounding like bunch of 5 year old kids, that still don't know Santa Claus doesn't EXIST!

Moebius