Yahoo! Success at last.

Frank

Hi Guys,

Finally there is a midibox emulation that supports ProTools fully. This is an emulation of the original Mackie HUI protocol. I'm doing this coding for a friend who tried the Motormix emulation and found it did not work in ProTools. The code is done but i havent fully tested it out yet. Below are some pictures of the emulation running on my ugly Asus development board  ;). I hope the pictures come out right.

DSPdisplay.jpg

The above shows the DSP display where parameters of inserts and plugins are shown while editing with encoders

Scribble.jpg

The above shows the scribble strip for track names and the track level meters. They will also show inputs/outputs/sends assigned to the corresponding tracks and track automation status.

And below is a picture o my hardworking Asus development board.

Devboard.jpg

Man i'm so glad it done now, after the testing i'm gonna take a long break  ;D.

Peace

Frank

Hi Guys,

When its done with a little documentation, this will be my contribution to this great community  ;).

@moebius pls excuse me it should have been Yippee!  ;D.

@ Screaming_Rabbit, sad but true that ProTools is the defacto industry standard  :( . I myself prefer to work on Nuendo in my home studio,

but have recently had to buy M-Powered ProTools just to have stable file exchange capability with my peers. I used to mix on SSL

but since the only SSL studio in my country was auctioned off (killed by all the ProTools studio wannabes) i've had to cave in to the darkside and now when i'm hired to work in commercial studios i work on ProTools TDM systems with Procontrol or Icon.

Ah well , live goes on.

Peace

Frank

Phew! REALLY SOME DAMN MUCH WORK AND GENUINE, I think. Much respect for that!!

I really didn´t await something like that! I wouldn´t have ever believed that Protools could somehow ever be available for Midibox! REALLY REALLY REALLY a  *B I G*  contribution!!! Thnx a LOT!

Greetz!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Brett,

If by Automation Mode you mean access to TRIM,READ,WRITE & OFF functions, yes its working.

Basically whatever functions Mackie HUI mode in Protools offered, its working in the emulation mode i'm doing. The only thing i have'nt got working yet is the Assignment LED display. If you go to Digidesign's website support section, you can download a pdf on the Control Surfaces support for Protools. In it you will find the User guide for the old Mackie Hui. Every function that is in there is already working on the emulation. But i would like to inform all those who are interested in this emulation that to support all the features available for Protools you will need to use 2 cores with MBLink.

The support for Mackie HUI protocol in Cubase SX and Nuendo is broken so i would not recommend using this but better to use Mackie control protocol which is supported by MBLC.

I'm really bogged down with work and family commitments till end of May but will try to get the firmware to Thorsten asap.

Regards

Frank

Hi Frank, thanks for all your work.

It would be great if you could share it with someone like TK or Smash or Moebius or someone, even if it's not finished yet. I'm 100% sure that they wouldn't mind keeping it confidential until the final is released (or the project is cancelled or whatever)... Just consider it as a backup ;)

Many appllications are spoken of like yours, but then disappear later on. It would be a real shame for the community to lose such a great app as this one :(

I beg of you, please send a copy to a regular! THANKS! ;D

• 4 months later...

Hi Brett & all those interested in this appz,

Its not abandoned, its just that i was bogged down with work and family commitments.

I plan on finishing the work,final testing and do some simple documentation on it by the end of September. Latest middle of October if work crops up again  ;).

So hang in there guys cos i'll definitely finish the project.

regards

Frank

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Frank,

You are the BEST, I hope you find time to finish it soon.  I am trying to put together just the 8 7-segment LEDs section using HUI emulation for ProTools.  I would LOVE it if someone posted a Mackie HUI emulator for ProTools, even it's it's not completed.  I only need the location display.  :-)  Thanks SO much.

-Evan