New boards are ready, but there is an issue....

smashtv

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SmashTV, I don't know you, but I sure do appreciate you! I am eagerly awaiting the opening of the store as well to buy  my materials for the m64. In the meantime, I will continue to practice my soldering skills (chicks dig guys with skills) and await the day when I can move forward on my project.

Don't stress too much, either. No matter how long it takes you, it is likely still much shorter than it would take me to learn the skills, buy the materials, develop the traces, and prep the boards myself.

Sincerely,

Don.

Smash:

Will you provide kits for these boards as well? If so, how much will these cost?

Have you thougt of providing a complete kit for the Midibox SID Step C? With all the boards and all the components, in one package. Maybe with a better price than when buying them piece by piece? :)

Just trying to get my costs together :) Keep up the good work!

Smash:

Will you provide kits for these boards as well? If so, how much will these cost?

Have you thougt of providing a complete kit for the Midibox SID Step C? With all the boards and all the components, in one package. Maybe with a better price than when buying them piece by piece? :)

Just trying to get my costs together :) Keep up the good work!

That';s a brilliant idea.  He could mass produce the faceplates at a cheaper rate.

That';s a brilliant idea.  He could mass produce the faceplates at a cheaper rate.

Cut it out you both!  :(

Smash is already doing everything he can for the community at a price that I can hardly imagine is cutting even. Now you want him to go even cheaper than that? The boards are already mass-produced, hence the low price for the high quality. If you want an easy step C SID just order the individual kits. If you want it cheaper, organise a bulk order for Reichelt or mouser or whatever electronics supplier, and order the plain boards.

As he pointed out to me once (when I asked a similar ridiculous question): his time is worth money too.

Don't sweat it jackan, Smash is a really nice guy and I don't think he will take offense, now that you've apologised and explained. But I could be wrong, so make sure he doesn't pack any explosives with your next order ;) hehehehe

Jokes aside... I do like the idea of full kits for standard MIDIBoxes. Perhaps if there was a button on the ordering page which automatically selected all the necessary kits to make certain devices? Don't know how hard it would be to implement, but I'd be willing to assist.

No rush of course Smash!

Of course there is a downside to this idea, which is that it relieves some of the incentive for people to get to know what they need to do by themselves (IE it makes it easier for people to order, before they've read ucapps.de enough, meaning they come here later asking questions that already have documented answers on the website)

Of course there is a downside to this idea, which is that it relieves some of the incentive for people to get to know what they need to do by themselves (IE it makes it easier for people to order, before they've read ucapps.de enough, meaning they come here later asking questions that already have documented answers on the website)

yup; if you don't know what kits you need for building a standard MBox like MBSid with full cs, you shouldn't be ordering at all, but reading...

i'm sorry but what do we want here; it's close enough to building lego: do we now want mommy to organize al the parts for us so we only have to click it together??

and a good morning to you all....  ;) in the evenings i get more easy going

i'm sorry but what do we want here; it's close enough to building lego: do we now want mommy to organize al the parts for us so we only have to click it together??

LOL exactly...

and a good morning to you all....  ;) in the evenings i get more easy going

LMAO that sounds like me ;) At least your sense of humour is fine!

LOL i know you are being sarcastic (no need for that since he was asking a normal human question), but to follow up i once saw on the googlish website he has an CNC router in his barn collecting dust hehehe so why don't we just rip him of his last piece of private life and start sending him frontpanels in autocad format  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hey All!

My store is open once again, at this point there are two backorders pending (both need changes due to the revisions).  I'm about to head for the post office to send out this stack before me.  :)

Please note that I'll be completely tied up for the next two weeks with the unexpected last minute bookings, but I'll do my best to fill a few here and there during that time.

While the shows only take two days of setup/show/teardown each, I'm trying my best to juggle the travel time and tiredness with normal family life and some attention to the store......so please forgive me if I use the stated "4-6 weeks" from my order form to get your order to you.  :-\

I fully expect things to slow down a bit now that we have two of the shows behind us, I guess I'll know on Saturday....  ;)

Again sorry for the insane wait times, I really did not expect these rather large budget shows to pop up last minute.....I wanted to do some shows this summer but was not expecting a few big ones per week!  ;)

I'll link a couple of short video clips soon to show what I'm up to if anyone is interested.

Any questions about the boards, kits, etc?

Postal run, sleep, spend the day with my son, then off to Dallas again for the weekend shows.....too bad I'm still sore from the last ones!  :P

Thanks again for your patience, kind words, and death threats.  All are appreciated!

Best Regards

SmashTV

In the behalf of Smash I can tell: Yes, Your correct.

Moebius

Thanks M!  The new DIN kits have SIP resistor packs in them, and the new DOUT kits have DIP resistor packs instead of discrete resistors.

Also, the new CORE kits have two PCB mount MIDI jacks in them, so no need to buy MIDI jacks unless you need some panel mount types.

BTW thanks for all of the kind words, you guys are the coolest, and I'm proud to be a part of this community!  I did not take offense at anything said, most know I would speak up in a millisecond if I did....  ;D

And yes the CNC router(s) are mostly collecting dust.  Last time used was to drill+route a SID proto, months ago:

[img width=460 height=420]http://www.avishowtech.com/temp/P1010121b.jpg

Its simply a case of not even having the time to start anything new like that, much less the hours of "operator time" that it would take.

A future situation -might- allow me to hire a freind to babysit/load stock on the NC to eliminate this $$$ shafer madness. (they do great work, but stock designs could be done sooo much cheaper)

Off to the post office!

Smash

Awesome!

Hey Smash, there's no law saying you can't keep the shop closed for a little while and spend some time with your family and job commitments. Yuo do so much for us all, don't forget to do nice things for yourself too!! Or I'll bash you! ;D

Just make sure you come back, or we'll all miss you, and I might cry, and that will make moebius feel bad  :'(

hehehe

That said, I'm prepping my order now. You'll know my order when you see it, it's gonna be large (everything for a Quad SID, a MBFM, a SEQv2, and some extras for the vX which will basically be another MBSEQ), so there is NO rush, you can take months if you need to :) Geez it's such a big order, it might take me months to get it right hehehe

Can't wait to see those vids man! If only to see a photo of you that isn't the guy in your avatar ;) ehhehe