New boards are ready, but there is an issue....

smashtv

One of my favorite movie scenes ever is from Ace Ventura, where he's undercover as a UPS delivery driver....  ;D

Ohhhh yeh! I laughed my ass off at that, I've pictured it so many times in my head when I recieve a package ;)

Hehehe we had a rack with about a million bucks in drive arrays turn up with a forklift stabwound last year.... All the way through!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The packaging from Smash is top notch - and you can actually get into the packaging with a knife without damaging the goods (or yourself), unlike most of the blister packs you find these days.

Speaking of impossible to get in packaging -  Am I the only one who's suspicious that it's a deliberate windup/attempt to injure people by the people who package the goods?

I think quite possibly these people are aiming to perfect this and one xmas when every able bodied person in the world is either struggling to get into their presents or is too busy stemming the flow of blood from the injuries they sustained getting into the pack - then then will they launch their invasion and take over the world!

Got the Core and SID kits in the mail today. YAY!  ;D

The boards look really awsome. They made my eyes go :o

I'd say professional quality, Smash. THANK YOU!!!!!!

I'll be making more orders in the very near future. 8)

Hehehe we had a rack with about a million bucks in drive arrays turn up with a forklift stabwound last year.... All the way through!

A friend of mine was expecting an Atari Abaq (one of only $very_small_number ever made) some years ago.

After a ridiculously long time, it was discovered with a forklift stab wound.  Of course the machine was insured, but the shipper wanted to repair it or buy a new one.  Idiots! ::)

Yeh, like why is it called a pair of pants? There's only one!

... this expression comes from McDonalds. If you start eating every day at McDonalds suddenly one day when you kneel down you'll hear a ... Chrrrrschhh... coming from your back... and you don't only have a PAIR of pants but also if you're not alone you have a LOT of embaressment.  ;D

Greets, Roger

• 2 weeks later...

Does SmashTV usually reply to messages, or am I in the twilight zone?

i have messaged him several times, nothing.

He's great at communicating, but gets a HUGE amount of mail a day, and has a family and fulltime job (that involves travelling iirc).  If your message was relevant to business with him he'll definitely get back to you soon enough.  If your message was something like "I want to build a mb sid what parts should I buy?" then please post it in the forum instead of bugging one of our scene's greatest resources.

pkniffer,

is there a freaky door where you are? How about a clock? What about an eyeball?

if you've answered yes to more than one of the questions above, it could be that your travelling through a dimension. A dimension of not only sight and sound, but of mind....

sorry - I tried, but I couldn't resist...

Since this post has turned into anything but its original intention, I think I'll ask a question that has nothing to do with any of the above.

Can anyone recommend a good online resource for building amps and speaker cabinets?

Now, off I go to close the freaky door............. ::)

I've seen some software that helps you maximize output based on speaker size, frequency, and then design of enclosure.  No idea where to find it unfortunately :/ (and feel free to make a new thread so people see the question you're asking, you'll get a better response ;) )

My dream cabinet- Woofer, 2 mids and two horns. Mids and horns split stereo signal

Dream Amp- One Knob Only for volume. No tweaking of sound by the amp, cos I can do all that pre-amp on the PC. About 120 to 200 Watts

Was looking at diyaudio.com and freeinfosociety.com. They have bits and pieces. But I'm inder pressure, as my calander is starting to fill out, and I've lots of gigs coming up. I'll have money, but no time :(

Oh yeah. A remote control for the one knob on the amp would be good. A pot that turns, not rubber digital buttons. Just one knob. How simple can it be? ;D

Thanks For The Interest

MP