2x40 LCD's ( ... I hope)

Jidis

Alright, hope I didn't screw up like I did on those diamond burrs. :-[

Saw some 2x40 displays up on eBay last night, which "appear" to be the one Thorsten said he liked (a faster chipset). They're the ones with the KS0066 (& KS0063?) chipset, if that's it.

Maybe there's something wrong here, but it was a bulk auction thing, where they were only 99 cents for a pair. ???

Being a compulsive pack-rat, I went ahead and grabbed seven pairs, figuring maybe someone could use them.

I could probably use two, so I planned to keep three, and a fourth I'm giving to someone. If that chipset is the right one, only catch I can see, is that maybe they're the type that needs a BL inverter. The three I grabbed a while back have a small "choke coil" looking thing that the BL lines pass through, and they only needed the 5v +/- supply. These ones are totally unwired. I have no idea how difficult it is to DIY a BL, if they need one, but I've seen you guys talk about it. I think "dakro69" used to have some real ones on his store, and I may be ordering some LED's from him soon too.

Unless this is the wrong display, or the guy gives me the shaft, I should have ten screens soon for whomever wants one. I'm still pretty "shipping illiterate", and I know a lot of you guys insisted on not being born in the US, like normal people, but I can probably figure it out if you want one. My sister says moderately small stuff can ship in a "mailer" envelope thing which isn't too high, but I'm not sure how much the screens are worth anyway if you got them locally.

Looks like he immediately re-listed the remainder or something:

http://tinyurl.com/jlur7

I told him in the PayPal note that there may  be people who could use them, and to let me know if he wanted to sell the other half in the same order, but I'm not sure what price he was actually hoping they'd sell for.

Here's his PDF link (they're a Seiko model "L4042"):

http://tinyurl.com/lxcng

If these are no good for anything, don't tell me, I DON'T want to know.  8)

George

----> After mentioning accidentally teaching a neat "Bonanza Fire Hole" trick to one of my 3- 2x40's I got for $9.95 a while back....

Hoping for another 9,95-deal for you!  ;D

Greetz!

Looks like you cast the wrong spell PayC. They lost a digit somewhere.  But Thanks! ( ... I hope) 

No problems!

I sort of assumed it was understood that there probably weren't any people in here that would think like that. 8)

BTW-- I meant to ask: Why are you getting rid of all that stuff? Sort of sad when I saw it. :'(

I have piles of different junk from projects I was working on here, and have nightmares about the idea that I may not have time to do all of them in this life, and of being forced to make the same decision.

Hope you're still on one somewhere,

George 

Why are you getting rid of all that stuff? Sort of sad when I saw it. :'(

I have piles of different junk from projects I was working on here, and have nightmares about the idea that I may not have time to do all of them in this life, and of being forced to make the same decision.

Hope you're still on one somewhere,

George 

Don't worry George, I'm parting with the boards because I don't like the particular board anymore since I saw the new boards SmashTV made... ::) - so I'm not abandoning the midibox project in any way.

Don't you want some yourself? Saves you some time building this project, so you might even have time enough to finish other projects in this life  ;)

Cheers,  Alex.

Don't you want some yourself?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I've built an etch tank, bought two different piles of copper clad PCB (DS & SS), am building a dedicated PCB drill, bought a box of .033 carbide bits, made an ironing attachment for the toner, am looking into a laminator, and have been hanging around the Yahoo Homebrew PCB group a lot.

In other words, I have to be careful not to step on  core boards when I'm walking around the house. :o

;D I think you and I may face some of the same dilemmas,

George