Oberheim Matrix-1000 / Behringer BCR-1000

dbone

Hello all.  Found a thread on this fantastic forum a short while back regarding control of an Oberheim Matrix-1000 via Behringer BCR-1000.  Seems this would be a fairly easy thing to do right out of the box, but not really.  Post I found said...

"The software that came with the BCR wasn't sufficient for the Matrix - it was designed more for virtual synth plugins and software MIDI recording, but I was able to hack the presets using a HEX editor and pretty much got it to do exactly what I want."

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=5095.msg37952#msg37952

I'm not much of a HEX/sysex hacker and the original poster seems to be unable to respond.  Has anyone else got some insight on this?  The  main problem I see is getting the sysex data into the BCR.  The BCR doesn't seem to even support Sysex as a message type!  Has anyone cooked up a similar template for the BCR?

Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated!

That poster said the software... I don't think he was referring to the firmware on the BCR, as it would almost certainly be code protected. I gathered that he was referring to some Windows based software that interprets the knob movement on the BCR.

But why bother, just build a MIDIBox :)

Edit: and when you're done, you could share your work with everyone :) hint, jackchaos, hint ;)