MIOS V1.9 released

TK.

After a lot of beta testing (which was hopefully enough) I just have released MIOS V1.9

See the ChangeLog for details:

http://www.ucapps.de/mios_changelog.html

The biggest benefit of the changes: more memory free for applications -> more features! :-)

An update to the new MIOS and Bootloader version is strongly recommented, since newer releases of MIDIbox SID/SEQ/FM/64/64E won't be compatible to MIOS V1.8 and lower!!! They will get use of the upper 1k block, which was allocated by bootloader V1.1b before

In addition, following programs have been updated:

• skeleton_v1_9: contains new copyright message
  • sdcc_skeleton_v1_9: contains new copyright message, function declaration for MIOS_IIC_SendByte changed
  • change_id_v1_9: allows to change the MBHP_IIC_MIDI ID in the ID header
  • midi_router_v1_0: the MIDI router project, which is unfortunately not documented yet, but which runs stable since weeks. :) It could also be interesting as example, how to combine C and assembly code

Best Regards, Thorsten.

huh? I thought you only had the bootloader on it?

Impressive customer support ;)

Whoops I mis-spoke, I meant the chips will have the new bootloader only.

Reason: If a builder can't get MIOS loaded, not too likely to get an app loaded either etc.... 

Best to get the MIDI ports to a known-working state early on, MIOS pre-loaded would make that process harder.    ;)

Best!

Smash

• 1 month later...
Reason: If a builder can't get MIOS loaded, not too likely to get an app loaded either etc....

Best to get the MIDI ports to a known-working state early on, MIOS pre-loaded would make that process harder.    Wink

this i agree with,, as murphy said "a $3000 picture tube with save a 1/2 cent fuse by blowing first"

• 3 months later...