VCF, Reverb/Chorus/Delay, Analog Compressor and Speech IC orders from Aus

stryd_one

Hey cats,

I'm going to buy some of the following ICs for my own use, and I know that some of them are rare, hard to find, or expensive, so if you're interested, let me know...

SpeakJet $50 (Speech synth)

SSM2044 $15 (VCF)

MN3007&MN3101 $5 (BBD Delay and Clock IC's)

MN3207&MN3102 $2 (BBD Delay and Clock IC's)

PT2399 $2 (Analog Delay)

Plus all manner of opamps and OTAs and miscellaneous bits, just let me know if you're after something.

All either new or New Old Stock. The prices will vary depending on whether anyone else wants some.

If you're interested, let me know, and if I don't hear back after a short while, I'll go ahead and just get what I need.

Cheers! :)

Hi Stryd,

if you have some cool schematics to accompany those IC's (the delay for example) I might be interested.

If you're aquiring those OTA's for the CV control stuff I'd be interested in those too.

Speakjet is currently not something I am planning to build, too much other stuff to finish, and 50$ is not something I should spend lightly.

Cheers, Alex.

hey guys;

i'm busy making a start and writing some stuff on the VCresistors (noo i didnt forget  ;), just got a million other things in real life right now, try to get something here before wednesday) , and as starting point i'll be using the control voltage part of a delay design using the pt2399 (digital!) echo chip.

I'm also making the whole module (designed and etched a pcb) and if it works i will publish the pcb in the WIKI.

cheers, marcel

Hi illogik! I have a few good schematics for VCR's sitting around as a result of my study on the other thread, if you need them just PM me an email addy :)

Thanks for that mate :) I have found a schem for a delay based on that too so if you want to grab it to use as a start just say the word :)

Hey stryd, Just spent last night looking up some info for modding my Simmons SDS8 analog drum synth, and found out it uses the /edit/CEM3372 VCF.  Not only that, but there's an unimplemented filter resonance control - looks as simple as cutting out one resistor and replacing it with a pot on each voice. :) :) :)

I might be interested in some compressor ICs down the track.  I'm not really set up for any tech hacking just yet as my workshop is still a big pile of mess.  What compressors are you looking at?

Have you checked out the Oatley valve preamp kits?  I have this strange idea they could be modded into compressors... although the PAiA one could be a better bet.

Yeh those chips are in heaps of stuff. I'm definitely getting a bunch of those and some PT2399's. Let me know if you need datasheets or whatever.

That kit sure does look mod-able... Cheap as chips too!

There were a couple of compressors and delays and some other random bits, what I'm going to do is tomorrow night I will go through all of the supplier's available parts, and if I can find appropriate schematics that use them, then I'll shortlist them, compare the competitors (not much point making sub-par FX when we can make something better for a comparable cost and effort) and then make an order list and post it here. That way if you guys want in you can let me know, I'll order, and send them your way.

Yeh those chips are in heaps of stuff.

Indeed! Data sheets available there and another list here

I'm definitely getting a bunch of those and some PT2399's.

Noice!  /edit/ but that's a digital delay mate, I'm looking at the datasheet now

Let me know if you need datasheets or whatever.

Got 'em - also got about a half dozen unmounted SDSV voice boards with /edit/SSM2044s/ - maye I can add a filter in on them.  Also gotta fix the wonky VCO/VCFs in my MKS7 (Juno 106 rack)

Yeah I'm thinking one to try out and hack, and if they work out mount a few in a 1u rack :)

Heya, about the delay chips, I'll be placing an order tonight/tomorrow morning, and I'll let everyone know the details in the thread... there won't be any pressure to buy them if the price doesn't suit, I'll just use them myself :)

Sorry for the delays, work got a bit hectic, I've been working day and night, no time for recreational stuff like MIDIBoxing or, you know, eating and breathing ;)  .. Should be back in action over the weekend ... TGIF  ;D

...i'll be using the control voltage part of a delay design using the pt2399 (digital!) echo chip.

Would that be the Bernardi one by any chance?

OK I've ordered up...

Already ordered, for me, but if you guys want just a couple, you can take from these:

50 PT2399's... Take some! I want lots, but not that many!

10 SSM2044's... At least 8 of those are for me

20 SA571

Stuff you guys might like me to get some of:

These come in lots of 10 ....

SSM2044 $9 or $11 each in lots of two

BBD Chips, here's the deal

Clocks are like a buck a piece

1024 about 1.50

2048 about 8.50 apiece, or clones for 3.50 but orders of 50

4096 about 12.50 apiece

SA571 companders $1 each, other similar companders available (NE570's etc)

Opamps same

CA3080's are available if anyone is interested, but again, orders of 50 :\ And I don't need any so.... If you want lots, say the word!

Some other stuff that I haven't come across looking at delays and filters but might be helpful, if you have a schematic that uses any of this stuff let me know:

BA6110, TL072, JRC4558P, JRC 4558D, UPC1571C, M5218P, 2SA1142, TL082, M5216L, LM308, LM311N, TC4016BP, TC40H000P, TC40HO74P, CA3094, LM317, LM358, JR56RB, LM741, TL062, LF353, AT24C02A, ADS1210P, 74141, BA634

All those prices are aussie dollars and are estimates including shipping. They might move around a little bit, I make no promise that they won't cost more... But I mean like maybe 1 dollar, tops, and I doubt that. They might work out cheaper too, they're estimates..

I'm pretty flexible... I'll take payment in cash, bank deposit, paypal, trade, PCB's, whatever... If you only want a few chips out of a whole batch I might take some as spares or something... I dunno, just ask me if you're wondering about something :)

Linkage:

Delays:

BBD (ANY BBD Chip!)

http://generalguitargadgets.com/diagrams/ad3208_schematic.pdf

Robote 2.5

http://www.tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=98

PT-80

http://generalguitargadgets.com/diagrams/pt80schem.pdf

Bernardi's 2399 (includes a nice voltage controlled resistor schematic too)

http://home.comcast.net/%7Esbernardi/elec/og2/echo_delay.pdf

PT239* info

http://www.sdiy.org/destrukto/vc-echo.html

Need other parts for this one, but yeh...800ms echo..sweet...

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_shecho.pdf

For singular parts, including the holtek chip for the above:

http://www.smallbearelec.com/Categories.bok?category=ICs+Delays+and+Echo

About twice the price I'm getting them for, but you only have to buy 1 :)

Probably gonna need some of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1N4148-Diodes-small-signal-200pcs_W0QQitemZ7612424205QQcategoryZ7287QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hehehe you sound like me... I dunno, I might be worse, I have a drill press in the hallway, a soldering iron in the loungeroom, C64's strewn about the spare room... It's a mess here!

There hasn't been any interest from anyone else, so I'll keep a pair of 2044's around for when you're keen and ready, and just leave my order as it is...

Last chance, people :)

whaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! 

just finished the PT2399 VCDelay, on my first real attempt to design a pcb. like stryd suspected, it's from the scott bernardi schematic.

the voltage control doesn't work yet but i think i got a busted transistor, should be easy. i've got sound though; the vactrol part is still in a blob of transparent glue so i can play it with the light in my room  8)

i mailed the guy about placing the pcb in the WIKI here and it's ok with him; he was glad someone was still enyoing his site. i'll make some final checks and adjustments but will post it later this week..aswell as some first steps in the voltage control thing.. i know that's what i said a week ago too but this month i have so much things to do besides midiboxing that progress is just real slow ...

cheers, marcel

Bitchin  ;D

Hey don't worry man, I'm like the King of slow progress. Better to take your time than to rush it and decide it's too much hassle you know...

I'll be interested to try the digipots with this... I'm keen to put a sidechain on it too, so I can run the echoes though the ssm's :)

Oatley valve pre-amp /edit/ fixed link (duh)

They run off DC too ....

Meanwhile, I'm getting more and more warm to picking up those two leftover 2044s if you still have them whem I have some cash, and maybe the delays too.  Mmmmm, SID with Prophet filters /fall down make homer simpson gargle

• 3 weeks later...

Found an interesting site today.

Analog Metropolis = guy's recreating sections from classic synths as separate modules, some using CEM and SSM chips.  He sells bare and populated PCBs for the ones he's finished designing, and his prices are not too bad - 15 pounds bare and 75 pounds built.  You still have to source your own CEMs/SSMs.

SSM history

Turns out I had the CEMs/SSMs reversed in my previous posts about the Simmons drums.  I've corrected them above, if anyone cares :)