High quality 3 axis trackball assemblys with TTL output on ebay

Rowan

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, just most of them

or so it seems, media (through which you encounter most of these people) makes, but also distorts the view you have on the world (its not objective)..

i guess i'm saying don't get dismayed too much and think it's all f(&*ked up. this is probably how these people got this way in the first place  :-\

cheers, marcel

hey this isn't midibox related ;) looking more and more like a standard forum..

And, we don't like that, right. Soo are those trackballs mechanical?

Let me tell you something about mech-track-balls [second option is optical].

Ever since I've bought mie first PC I use trackballs. First one was Genius trackball [mechanical

offcourse since back then there were no optics yet(God of electronics, bless them)].

The neat problem with mechanical TBalls is cleaning.

You see on mechanical mouse you have a rubber surfaced ball [wich is robust by itself] and

the traction is transmited to the plastical axels. To clean them we usually just scrape them

[using nail, screwdriver, boxcutter].

With trackballs the ball is [well, mine is] made of some kind of ceramic or nonscratch plastic

and traction is applied to the tiny-little-cute-rubber-cover on some kind of axel. Cleaning those

biøtchez once-a-week is a real pain in the ass. Too often you might say, nooo, I'm not that

neat, I [as most people do] clean mie user input devicec once the fail to do the input correctly.

And this one did got messed up once per week.

Hope that u don't get that issues.

[PS: I'm now proud owner of optical trackball and the old one is getting the mushroom treatment

as it deserves(stoopeed genius)]

hehehe, glad to spark a bit of deep (ish) debate...

I stand by my orignial comments that most ppl you encouter are wrong in one way or another.

BUT being a realist doesn't mean being negative, rather it just makes me even more determined to stick to my principals and make sure that I keep the right people close and the wrong people as far away from me as possible.

it's as much about having the right people around you as it is keeping the wrong people away from you....