Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rowan

not another live panel concept..........

55 posts in this topic

That is one tidy layout!

Thanks, I spent ages planning the layout, I like things tidy. It makes it easier to fault find. Each of the 3 "channels" are made exactly the same so I only had to plan how to make one then just make copies. I think that I'll order the panel next, but I still haven't made up my mind on the layout of the last section. So I'm kind of at a dead end until I can decide.

Nice work ! But why do you  have mounted 2 din to every pcb ? As far as I can see you only need 26 inputs.

The ones that are mounted horizontally are DIN's and the ones mounted vertically are DOUT's (apart from one which is a DIN. It's just there at the moment so each module is the same hight).

the 3 encoders on the top left of the modules have built in switchs, so thats an other 3 DIN's. There will also be 2 more panel mount switchs per module, 2 more DIN's. The faders I will be using have an extra switching track, like "fader start" on some DJ mixer.

26+3+2+1=32  ;)

Each Module will require 15 DOUT's, so one 4xDOUT PCB will be shared between two modules.