How to add MIDI to RMI KCII

roginator

Hi

Im new here and Im in search for midi DIY or kit for first polyfonic digital synth ever made...

RMI Computer Keyboard KCII.....I owe one and love it

Its made organ manufacturer in early 70s......

2rmidx40.JPG

any idea here???

I know that it can use 61 key trigger directly to Keys....where can I found that kind of project????

D

The MIDIIO128 project is the one to use for converting keyswitch closures to MIDI messages.  You'll need a Core and 2 DIN boards for your 61 keys.  It is probably easiest to add new contacts under the keys for the MIDIbox rather than trying to find a signal that you can use without upsetting the KCII unless you are pretty savvy about what is going on inside the KCII.

Whell....how that sounds.... WIERD and GREAT....

It use some kind of 8Bit DSP????

actualy sounds are made from layering waveforms wich are presets in box and can be loaded from punch cards....its sound gridy and warm at same time....realy fast envelopes and nice chorus and vibrato for strings....

can emulate everything....I own PPG 2.3 system and sometimes it sounds fatter than PPG!!!!!

cards looks like this

RMICARD.jpg

it has 8 polyphony and can be in dual mode...4 polyphonic

no vcf here but I drive it thru modular vcf with envelope folower and thats a bomb

as far as I know its realy rare synth maybe 3-4 Europa.....and around 100 made of KC II...maybe less.....

Maybe somebody have this PCBs or populated boards for sale?????

Go to the DokuWIKI http://wiki.midibox.org/ via the button at the top of the Forum page.  Look for the entry on where to get parts and kits.  Building a core and a DIN and experimenting with them on the bench will teach you more in a week than you can learn with a year of reading.  Be sure to include an LCD display, at least in your first project.