a new (???) idea

ladybug

jah people

as i know NOTHING about electronics i will tell you knowledgers my idea -

a device that functions as a midi converter !!!

what i do today is using midiox to convert one event to another, say NRPN to control, say convert chanel 1 to chanel 2 etc.

i know its possible because i see it on one site (dont remember the address).

this not only for midibox but for other device as well - the principal is that it will be possible to control equipment "on the run" without the need of a computer.

i've found the web, it is here : http://www.midisolutions.com/prodmap.htm

(the right word for it is MAPPER !!!)

and maybe its possible to implement several "memories" into it, like the bank-switch.

OOPS... SORRY

i  guess i wasnt looking good enough !

as i see it - it seems kinda complicated to "program" to mapping of this device.

there must be an easier way to do this, so me too (no programing skills) can do this.

the MidiOx mapping i understand, this midifilter maping - i do not !!

i think its a good idea to try and enhance this machine so it would be more friendly to program, and also i think it should have some memory-bank

Well, how about a code generator which generates the PIC assembly instructions which are necessary to map and process data streams. Could also be provided with a graphical user interface. But this won't be my job (too much effort)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi there,

If Thorsten would be so kind as to give me a complete list of mappings to (or a place where I can find it) in a neatly ordered list, I can always TRY to make something as an interface to the MIDI-merger (and possibly also other modules though I think that's a bit complicated for me :-/)

I can't promise anything but when I got enough information I can always give it a try.

Greetz tHe_IkkE

okay guys

I'll start making an interface then.

I guess I'd best use JAVA so all the BeOS / Linux / MAC guys out there can make use of it too :)

BTW Thorsten: I'll find out what PIC code I can figure out myself since I'm willing to program my PIC's too and of course be able to contribute to MIOS :P

Greetz tHe_IkkE

P.S.: Got my 3xPIC18F452 & 3xPIC16F877 & 3x24LC256 in today. Took only 10 days to get to me (Holland) FOR FREE ;D

I love Microchip ::)