Can Anyone make PCB's here for a low price?

dengel

Dont you guys have the spray on board protectant stuff? Once you have etched your board you just give it a coat of this stuff and it seals it. It is like a clear silicon spray that drys solid. It also allows you to solder thru it (really nicely) then once you have finished soldering just give it a little more spray on the solder joints and all is happy. my boards are 3+ years old and still look like new. It stops the air problem and looks really shine'y and pretty too!

Re tinning your board:

There is another product called "liquid tin" which is used for exactly this purpose.  I have a little bottle of it and I just keep reusing it.

Another method, a little messier:  heat your soldering iron up and load the tip with solder.  Brush some RMA flux all over your traces, and quickly run the iron over all of them.  Add a little solder to your iron as necessary - It really only takes a few minutes.  This is only tricky where you have a great big copper area (like a ground plane), because it's difficult to get enough heat to do this efficiently.  Regardless, even though it won't look great, you don't have to worry much about covering such large areas anyway.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Great videos.>:(

Maybe a fellow German can get him to explain what the hell it was that he ran the transfers through for the lamination. 8)

He describes the traditional iron method, then proceeds to feed the board through something that looks like either the guts of a laminator or a laser printer, stuck to a piece of plywood or something (at 4x video speed of course).

Wish I had that. I really want to move everything to a laminator for consistency at that stage, but I'm not doing it until I can find something that's proven to handle fairly thick stuff (even metal if possible). Wish there was a detailed DIY page for something good.

George

PS---- Spoke too soon :o

Looks like it's here:

http://thomaspfeifer.net/laminator_temperatur_regelung.htm

but it is in German and it is 6am here, so I'll pass for now.