Simple Midibox LC. ? (noob)

BR

Hey guys,

great stuff in this forum..

I've heard of this project for a while, but decided to think a little more seriously about it.

The box that I want to make is somewhat simple when compared to most boxes here.

All I want is: control over fader and mute and maybe one more button in Nuendo and automation mode switch.

So from what I've searched here, the Midibox LC is the way to go.

I just couldn't find the info that I needed to start planing this.  Pardon-me for being so ignorant about the subject.

I've downloaded all the files from the ucapps site, but I'm still unclear on what modules I need to get..

Could anyone shine a light?

Thanks a lot

Gil

Hey Gil,

Each set of 8 motorfaders requires 1 core, and 1 MF module. You would also need one DIN for up to 32 buttons. I also recomend you get an LCD, even if you don't intend to use one on your project, because it makes debugging so much simpler. If you want LED's to show mute status, you would need a DOUT module as well.

So...

8 faders = 1 core, 1 mf, 1 din (maybe 1 dout)

16 faders = 2 cores, 2 mf, 1 din(maybe 1 dout)

and so forth..

Hope this helps

Justin

Hey Justin,

thanks a lot..

My intent is to do 24 faders, since that is the max.  I actually wanted to go for 32 or 48, but I think the max is 24, right.

So for a 24 fader set up with mute buttons(w/LED) and Automation status buttons (w/LEDs) I would need:

3 cores

3 mf

2 din

2 dout

right??

where do I buy this stuff??  (never mind, already found it  ;D)

thanks again

Gil