Buttons Values - Min /Max / On /Off

Digispunk

I was wondering how to implement custom MIDI CC values for the 'off' value of a button, with serge's virtual midibox app,

at the moment i can only see a way for programming midi CC values the 'on' state, as the 'off' value defualts to 0 and there doesnt seem to be an obvious way to change this to another value

ideally i would like to be able to program two values for each button, and each button could have a different pair of values.

here's an example -  using the toggle function i would like to jump between two distinctive filter cutoff values - 'on' = 99 and 'off' = '23'

can this be done in vmidibox.exe ? or do i have to go another route?

cheers

D

Short answer no go

Long answer you'd have to implement the minimum feature, currently it toggles between your value and zero... It'd be a global change unless you made changes to the DB, which wouldnt be too mega hard, but not so easy either. But it occurred to me, why not set the minimum on the synth? For eg:

'on' = 99 and 'off' = '23'

increase cutoff on the synth to 23 and use:

'on' = 76 and 'off' = '0'

;)

Edit: I never looked at the MB64(e) and I've gotta say I'm very impressed! I had no idea it had so many cool features :)

Edit2: oh yeh...interesting bits (I looked these up, forgot to post them, then closed them, doh)

mb64_midi.inc line 337

mb64_buttons line 246

Another way you could do it is set the value to match the value of a certain pot, so for example:

Button1=120

Button2=70

Button3=90

Button4=20

You could make it so that they all reference Button1 as a minimum (instead of zero) so the max of each button is as you set it, but the min is always whatever you set button 1 to... or you could have many minimums by using neighbouring buttons values eg:

Button1 On=120

Button1 Off=70

Button2 On=70

Button2 Off=90

Button3 On=90

Button3 Off=20

and so on....

You could do this by jumping through the table and getting the value of the next button and setting that instead of 0...

Ah I see now... I ignored the branches to SFB and meta handlers because I thought that they were internal functions only, which goes to show that it's a good idea to actually use a device before you try and figure out what it's sourcecode does (I've never even seen an MB64 heh)...and it also proves once again that assumption is the mother of all f*ckups ;D

Edit:

Check out mb64_meta.inc, look for MB64_META_Handler_DoubleNote for an example of how to handle different events for button in and out :)