Help for 2 midi projects please...

Nikifena

Hi, I like to make 2 simple midi projects. The first one is simple midi controller with 2 switches: up and down, and with some indication (maybe floorboard modification)....

Another is something like behringer's FCB1010 : midi controller with buttons and 2 potentiometer (also like floorboard but with 2 pedals ...

Why not making 1 core in the case with the pots, and connect your floorboard with a cable (male female plugs) to the that case with the Core and the buttons (and the DIN & DOUT)?

If u are the only user of your midinstrument the cables will not be thát long, and it's possible to connect without losing too much voltage and values.

buttons & pots

CORE & DINX & DOUT

|

| cable

|

floorboard with

only 2 buttons and

some leds

Hi friend,

I like to make midi controller for guitar processor.

One idea is to make a simple up and down - 2button footswitch box. Here is not necessary to use some core for only 2 switches (I think..) Maybe is better to some easy preprogramming of foorboard. Where or what can I change to change midi notes one by one up and down?

Another is more comprex and advanced, also for guitar processor. Something like floorboard but with two expression pedals (the easy way is to use some externel volume pedals).

Sinnsyk, can you suggest witch project can I use for my second idea ?

Thanks

You could use a single core module, without DIN module and with one DOUT, to do either of these projects with a MB64 or MB64e application. I personally would not spend the time to create new hardware and software to do this job, the MBHP does a fine job.

perhaps, if u are doing a MBHP project anyways, why not do a more featured one.

If u take 1 week more in ur planning, u can make something that's usable in the future too, and not only at this moment. What if u change ur music style, u will be very happy that u made a bigger midi-box with more features...

think about it, and don't make something too simple/small

Simple is good, but not too simple  ;) The difference between 2 or 32 buttons ain't that big, it's 1 DINX4 module anyway.

I'm not telling you to use a fully 64 encoder 64 button 64 led midibox, but do yourself a favor and make sure there's enough room for future expansion  ;D

I think you guys have missed my point... It's not about how many switches you connect...

Writing the firmware to do this without using MIOS or MBHP, will take you a very, VERY long time.

Regardless of how many IO devices you need (buttons, LED's etc), and regardless of how many you will need in the future, it will be MUCH faster, MUCH easier and MUCH cheaper to use MIOS.

If you really want to do this without using MIOS I'd guess that you are either a) misinformed or b) crazy ;)

Writing the firmware to do this without using MIOS or MBHP, will take you a very, VERY long time.

Yes, and no :)

I think that with little modificatoin in button.inc it is possible to use only 2 buttons. They don't select bank1 and 2, (note C and C# as example). They will make C->C# with one press, C#->D....

Thanks anyway ;)

Yes, and yes!

If you're using buttons.inc, you're using MIOS.

If you're trying to find a way to use only two buttons and not use a DIN module, you can find information on this forum.

So don't say "thanks anyway" because you're not making much sense! are you going to use MBHP+MIOS or not? Your schematic is not MBHP compatible, so you can't use MIOS with that. If you can't use MIOS, then you won't be using buttons.inc.

Nikifena, maybe you want to take a look at the schematic as seen here: http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=application_development

Just to avoid possible misunderstandings on what is MIOS...

I already started with a similar schematic for MBHP, but haven't found the time to complete it yet ;)

Cheers, Michael