DJ mixer crossfaders

Sasha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi sasha,

Did you find yourself a decent fader to use?

I to am into scratching & want to find something equivilent to a cross fader found on a pro scratch mixer but doesnt cost £90 (pro x fade).

I plan to build a mixer/controller & dont want to have to replace the fader once a month.  :(

cheers

bozak

Please reply in the crosspost and not in this >1 year old thread.

Infinium optical faders

• 2 months later...

What abouut the ecler eternal crossfader. It's not cheap but has the longest lifetime you can imagine. Its a "non-contact" fader. that means there is no slider, its done anyhow with magnetics. 5 years warranty !!! It's the same fader of the NUO4 and NUO5. But i don't know what impedance it has.

I found a mixer crossfader(StageLine MPX-460) for reasonable price (8€).

It is about 20ohm end-to-end. And I'm quite sure it is linear.

It is linear but it says 50 k? (i tested 50K pots on MB and seams OK)

Curseur.Table.de.Mixage.Stageline.IMG.MPX-4SF.pt.jpg

# Type  Crossfader 

# MPX-460, MPX-470, MPX-480 

# Type  2x50 k?, B (lin.)

but this one is 20K

H201990A.jpg

Type crossfader

Suitable for mixer MPX-222BPM

Type 2 x 20k?, B (lin.)

http://www.monacor.com/int/en/produktseite_suche.php?artid=4590&spr=EN&typ=full

I was searching for a decent DJ style fader for a while, and the best/cheapest I could come up with was the Bourns PTS series http://www.bourns.com/pdfs/PTS.pdf

They feel really nice compared to everything else readily available  (sturdy, looser than most standard faders... but not really scratch fader loose). Unfortunately, I could only get the 60mm length in the US from Mouser in single quantities http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=PTS60-02L-103B2virtualkey65210000virtualkey652-PTS60-02L-103B2 

I think Numark is actually using this fader in some of their mixers (since it looks identical to this http://www.numark.com/content35551.html )

Thank you Logo, and welcome aboard. That Bourns looks very sturdy, and the price is nice. As they are more than 40mm deep they eat alot of space/hight of controller, but for good pots it`s worth it. One is sure, they dont wobble. :)

I`m still searching for faders for my ableton controller.

Sasha: Maybe my fader is not for MPX-460 but that was written on the bag. It is 1x20kohm

dj3nk: ecler magnetic fader is company's "secret" technology. They won't ship it to you. Last I've heard is that you have to send the mixer back to the factory for replacement if it (ever) gets broken.

I am new on this Forum, but since I am the exclusive P&G distributor for the U.S., maybe I can shed some light.

The P&G crossfaders are all linear faders, and generally of a higher-than-normal resistance value (>10K).  They are used in both VCA-like circuits and direct audio-through-the-fader circuits.  For the latter, the impedances of the fader and the associated components will determine the crossover curves.  Stereo signals require a two channel fader.

For applications using a control voltage on the fader, the resistance is usually not critical.  A single control track voltage controls both channels of a stereo signal.

Hope this helps.  I have parts for P&G crossfaders.