MIOS Studio beta7

Hi All,

Another incremental beta release of MIOS Studio is available:

http://www.ucapps.de/mios_download.html

There are a number of improvements over the previous release, most importantly a bugfix for people using the PIC18F4620 chip. Other improvements include MIDI Filter bugfixes, experimental support for 14bit controllers, coloured text in the MIDI Port Monitors, etc.

- Adam

/Edited by TK: changed link to MIOS Download section

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Adam,

I tried out the new beta last night and it works fine on OS 10.4.7.

The window bug is still there, but that's no big deal.

It was the first time I used it for Hex uploads......works like a charm. God we have it easy these days ;)

Till next time,

Rowan

Hi, i tried out mios and its great but i also installed midiox 15 minutes after and tried it out and when i tried mios again it crashed so i uninstalled midiox rebooted and it still crashed, i even tried out another copy of mios and it did the same thing (freeze).

I guess something from midiox is still installed and is incompatible with mios

any help would be appreciated

Thanks

I'm not sure what is causing your system to 'freeze' - I've never heard of anyone else having a similar problem with MIOS Studio. Could you try and delete the saved settings and restarting MIOS Studio.

To delete the saved settings in Windows:

1) Go to Start > Run, type in regedit and press OK

2) In the Registry Editor, Go to the folder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\org

3) Delete the midibox folder

This will delete any saved settings in MIOS Studio. Please try restarting MIOS Studio beta7_4 and let me know if the error still occurs.

- Adam

2) In the Registry Editor, Go to the folder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\org

3) Delete the midibox folder

This will delete any saved settings in MIOS Studio. Please try restarting MIOS Studio beta7_4 and let me know if the error still occurs.

- Adam

Adam,

I was wondering were are those MIOS info/settings are being stored. I am new to this forum.

thanks for that info.

• 2 months later...

There is a new tool for "IntelMacs" for supporting MIDI under Java: MandolaneMidi2_04 instead of the PlumbstoneV1_3.

It seems that this combination doesn't work with the beta 7.4 release.

And with the Plumbstone the MIOS Studio will be closed as soon as you do the routing.

Anybody knows a workaround?

Is it possible to load the MIOS and Applications with a PIC burner (like bootstrap)?

thanks!

All right, now I know why u have problems ;D

As a first workaround I would suggest you go for the .syx-conversion and send it with SysExLibrarian*. I've set the timing (in the prefs) to 750ms pause between messages...

*if you're on OSX; If you are running Windows on your IntelMac, I think this might be a more general problem that's OS-related, see this shortly posted problem: http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=7939.0

Best,

Michael

Sorry i have been busy.

What i mean by freeze is that it wont respond to the mouse, keyboard ect and i cant shutdown i have to power down.

This sounds like a MIDI Loop to me. See if disconnecting one of the MIDI cables between the MidiBox and the computer stops the freeze. If so, then we can try to figure out why you have a loop.

:-[

I now seem to be having trouble with the MIOS Studio download and unzip

I have the file from

http://www.midibox.org/mios_studio/MIOSStudio_beta7_4.jar

which lands as

MIOSStudio_beta7_4.jar.zip

but WinZip doesn't want to work with it and gives an error

" Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive

If you downloaded the file, try downloading the file again "

I've done this a few times with the same result

??

I tried removing the dot zip after it had landed but still no luck

I have launched the JRE installer and as far as I know it completed successfully.

... the dot JAR file doesn't launch.

I don't know what I'm supposed to see or what to do next.

[EDIT]

this is all fixed now

see

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=8010.15

• 2 months later...

Hiya,

Im havingsome trouble with opening MIOS Studio. At the moment im using a G3 PPC OSX 10.3.9 with plumstone installed as per their instructions. When I load it the MIOS Studio title screen comes up but goes no further. Anyone seen this before? I should also mention I am running the stealth midi driver so I can use my roland serial midi outputs and inputs.

Thanks,

John

• 7 months later...